Extraction 2018 Professional Development Courses
As a new opportunity to make the most of your travel, The Metallurgy and Materials Society (MetSoc) of the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum (CIM) and The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS) are offering five professional development courses in conjunction with Extraction 2018. All events will be held prior to the start of Extraction’s technical programming.
Two-Day Events – Saturday, August 25, to Sunday, August 26
Half-Day Events – Sunday, August 26
One-Day Events – Sunday, August 26
Registration for all courses is now available through the Extraction 2018 conference online registration form. Sign up to participate by June 26, 2018, to take advantage of discount rates.
For each of the events listed above, please note the following:
- Minimum numbers of class enrollment are necessary to conduct a course and advance registration is encouraged. Should a course need to be cancelled due to low enrollment MetSoc and TMS will provide as much advance notice as possible and provide full refunds to participants.
- Course materials are included in the registration fee and will be distributed as digital downloads prior to or after the conclusion of the program as provided by instructors.
- All times for Extraction 2018 professional development courses will take place in local time—Eastern Time Zone (UTC -05:00).
- Registration for the full Extraction conference is not required to attend a professional development event.
Extraction 2018 professional development courses follow the same cancellation/substitution policy as the overall conference:
- A processing fee of $150 CAD will be applied to all cancelled registrations.
- After June 1, no refunds will be issued for author cancellations.
- After August 1, no refund will be issued for all other delegates.
- Refunds or credits will not be given for failure to attend, late arrival, visa refusal, etc. Any medical issues necessitate a doctor’s notification.
- Substitutions must be submitted in writing (e-mail) by the original registrant. The substitute must bring a letter from the original registrant to be processed onsite at the registration desk.
- Extraction 2018 is not responsible for airfare, housing, or other costs incurred by participants in the event of program or registration cancellation.
- Changes and cancellations must be requested in writing by e-mail before August 1 to: email@example.com.
For more information, visit the Contact Us page and find the appropriate person to assist you with your inquiry.