- TMS FOUNDATION HOME
View our mission statement and general information [MORE]
- FOUNDATION ACTIVITIES
View info on awards, scholarships and other activities [MORE]
- FOUNDATION NEWS
Read past issues of the Foundation's newsletter [MORE]
- PAST DONORS
View previous donors [MORE]
- CONTRIBUTE NOW
The foundation relies on contributions. Help with a small donation today! [MORE]
- FOUNDATION BYLAWS
Read the TMS Foundation bylaws
The TMS Foundation Bylaws
The TMS Foundation was established in 1993, to develop and fund programs that will fully prepare future generations of professionals for leadership roles in the international minerals, metals, and materials community. Download the TMS Foundation Bylaws (PDF).
To support the development of materials professionals within the context of our global society by:
- Providing scholarships to today’s most promising materials science and engineering students, investing in the future of the profession and the industries it serves.
- Funding programs that assist young professionals in attaining the highest level of technical, professional, and leadership development.
- Supporting projects, programs, and tools that have a significant impact on materials engineering education by virtue of content, methodology, or scope.
- Investing in knowledge, people, products, and infrastructure that positively impact the quality of life in society through materials innovation.
- Support the stewardship of earth and environment by promoting materials solutions.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Responsibilities of Board of Trustees
- Define the philosophy and mission of the Foundation
- Develop short- and long-range plans to achieve the mission and goals
- Monitor programs for adherence to the mission, as well as progress toward stated goals and objectives
- Oversee personnel (staff and volunteers)
- Manage funds
Committee Trustee Officers
The Board of Trustees shall consist of the members of the TMS Executive Committee. The TMS President will
serve as the Chairperson of the Board of Trustees.
Term of Office
Membership on the Board of Trustees will be concurrent with the term as members of the TMS Executive
The Board of Trustees shall meet at least once a year at the time and place of the TMS Annual Meeting and at other
times as determined by the Board of Trustees.
FOR MORE INFO...
For more information about the TMS Foundation, please
contact the TMS Deputy Executive Director:
The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society
184 Thorn Hill Road
Telephone (724) 776-9000, ext. 229
Fax (724) 776-3770