- TMS FOUNDATION HOME
View our mission statement and general information [MORE]
- FOUNDATION ACTIVITIES
View info on awards, scholarships and other activities [MORE]
- FOUNDATION NEWS
Read past issues of the Foundation's newsletter [MORE]
- PAST DONORS
View previous donors [MORE]
- CONTRIBUTE NOW
The foundation relies on contributions. Help with a small donation today! [MORE]
- FOUNDATION BYLAWS
Read the TMS Foundation bylaws
The TMS Foundation
The TMS Foundation was established in 1993, to develop and fund programs that will
fully prepare future generations of professionals for leadership roles in the international minerals, metals, and materials community.
"We must open the doors of opportunity...
but we must also equip our people to walk through those doors."
- Lyndon B. Johnson
36th President of the United States
As defined in the TMS Foundation Bylaws, the
mission of the Foundation is to support the development of materials professionals within the context of our global society by:
- Providing scholarships to today’s most promising materials science and engineering students, investing in the future of the profession and the industries it serves.
- Funding programs that assist young professionals in attaining the highest level of technical, professional, and leadership development.
- Supporting projects, programs, and tools that have a significant impact on materials engineering education by virtue of content, methodology, or scope.
- Investing in knowledge, people, products, and infrastructure that positively impact the quality of life in society through materials innovation.
- Support the stewardship of earth and environment by promoting materials solutions.
Through the generous support of TMS members, friends,
and corporate contributors, The TMS Foundation is currently funding these activities
and others that promote and ensure the continued future advancement of our profession.
Click here for more information on foundation activities.
Click here for more information on requesting funding.
SUPPORT THE FOUNDATION
The TMS Foundation is calling on all TMS members and supporters to help it continue
its history of success. By contributing to the TMS Foundation, you will be enabling
the Foundation to not only maintain and expand its present programs, but also, begin
to establish an endowment that will ensure the perpetual development and funding
of new programs aimed at preparing future generations.
All contributions to the TMS Foundation are tax deductible in the United States. View a listing of past donors. Pennsylvania residents may obtain the official registration and financial information of the TMS Foundation from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.
FOR MORE INFO...
For more information about the TMS Foundation, please contact:
TMS Foundation Manager
The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society
184 Thorn Hill Road
Warrendale, PA 15086 USA
Telephone (724) 776-9000, ext. 221
Fax (724) 776-3770