A TMS International Cooperating Society
The Czech Society for New Materials and Technologies (CSNMT)
The Czech Society for New Materials and Technologies (CSNMT), which was founded in 1993, is a voluntary association of individual and collective members (enterprises, institutes, universities, and other non-profit organizations).
SPECIAL THEMATIC SCOPE
The thematic scope of the society follows metals, polymers, glass and ceramics, carbon materials, materials for electrical engineering, advanced technologies of materials manufacturing and processing, and characterization and testing of materials.
MAIN ACTIVITIES AND TARGETS
The society activities comprise particularly
- Organizing of professional contacts, exchange of experience and joint solution of special technical problems
- Dissemination of information concerning new advanced materials and technologies
- Support and sponsoring of research, development, and implementation of advanced materials and technologies
- Organizing transfer of new technologies between collective members of the society
- Support and promotion of materials engineering programs at universities, including post-graduate studies
- Support of university graduates at the beginning of their professional careers and continuous care focused on development of their creative abilities
- Organizing of collaboration, exchange of experience and information, etc. with related domestic and foreign societies
- Solution of national and international projects wheather research or non-research character
MAIN PERMANENT ACTIVITIES
- Maintenance and updating of the Czech portion of the Material Science Education Database (MatNet).
- Maintenance and updating of the database named Materials Research in the Czech Republic.
- Joint organization of the international metallurgical symposia and trade fairs known as METAL, which takes place every year in Ostrava.
- Joint organization of the conference Properties and Testing of Plastic Materials and Polymer Composites, which takes place every year in Prague within the frame of the trade fair known as INTERPLAST.
- Joint organization of the international conference Materials for Electrical Engineering and Electronics, which takes place every year in Prague within the frame of the trade fair known as AMPER.
- Joint organization of the conference Contribution of Metallography to Solution of Manufacturing Problems, which takes place every second year in Mariánské Lázne.
- Participation in the organization of the international conferences known as EUROMAT and Federation of European Materials Societies, every second year.
The organizational arrangement of CSNMT is built on the principle of volunteerism, democracy, and mutual collaboration. It is formed by the General Assembly of Members, which meets once a year; the steering committee; supervisory committee; expert and thematic committees and groups; secretariat; the Research Center for Advanced Materials and Technologies; various clubs that form the branches of the CSNMT in individual regions; and the Institution of the CSNMT Award.
RESEARCH CENTER FOR ADVANCED MATERIALS AND TECHNOLOGIES
The research center, which was founded in 1994, interlinks collective members of the CSNMT who show interest in joint participation in the solution of research projects, information exchange, and advisory and consultancy activities. To date, the members of the research center have resolved or are in the process of resolving the following projects (the bearer of which is CSNMT):
- 1995-1997: Perspective Bio-compatible Structural Materials
- 1996: Preparation and publication of Materials Research in the Czech Republic
- 1997-2000: Surface Engineering
- 1998-2000: Information system for research and development of materials and technologies in the Czech Republic
CSNMT CONTACT INFORMATION
CSNMT, Novotného lávka 5
CZ 116 68 Praha 1, Czech Republic
Telephone +420 2/210 822 74; fax +420 2/210 822 76
President of the Society: Ing. K. Sperlink, C.Sc.
CSNMT, Ing. T. Prnka, D.Sc.; Kvetná 441
CZ 763 21 Slavicín, Czech Republic
Telephone/fax 420 636/713 81
Chair, Council of the Research Center for Advanced Materials and Technologies
Prof. Ing. J. Svejcar, C.Sc.; VUT-FS Brno
Ústav Materiálového Inzenyrství
Technicá 2, CZ 616 69 Brno, Czech Republic
Telephone +420 5/749 574; fax +420 5/411 341 98