TMS Logo

Fifth International Symposium on Superalloys 718, 625, 706, and Derivatives: Destination Information

FIFTH INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON SUPERALLOYS 718, 625, 706, AND DERIVATIVES
June 17-20, 2001  ·  Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Superalloys 718 et al. Logo

The Fifth International Symposium on Superalloys 718, 625, 706, and Derivatives, sponsored by The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS), will be held June 17-20, 2001, at the Embassy Suites Hotel, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

This is the premier symposium devoted exclusively to superalloys 718, 625, and 706. It follows in the tradition of the four previous meetings which were very successful in exploring the state of knowledge on these most important superalloys. The corresponding proceedings volumes are acknowledged as the single-source reference on the progress and problems from 1989 to 1997, and it is expected that this millennial meeting will continue the tradition.

ACCOMMODATIONS

The headquarters hotel and site for the Fifth International Special Emphasis Symposium on Superalloys 718, 625, 706, and Derivatives is the Embassy Suites Hotel in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. All technical and social activities will take place at the hotel. The Embassy Suites Hotel is a first class hotel only minutes away from the Pittsburgh International Airport. The hotel will provide courtesy pick-up to and from the airport via it's courtesy phone at the airport, 6:00 am – 12:00 midnight. Also, a complimentary full course, cooked-to-order, breakfast, and a complimentary two-hour manager’s reception will be provided each day. The hotel has an indoor pool, outdoor heated whirlpool, sauna, and fitness center. It also has a restaurant, quiet bar, high-energy lounge, and suite service. As in prior symposia, three luncheons plus the symposium proceedings will be included with the full conference registration fee.

Participants should mail or fax their housing form, as early as possible to the Pittsburgh Embassy Suites Hotel. The housing cut-off date is Monday, May 28, 2001. After Monday, May 28, 2001, the conference rate and availability of the suites at the Pittsburgh Embassy Suites may not be available.

Mail or fax your housing reservation form to:

Embassy Suites Hotel
550 Cherrington Parkway
Coraopolis, PA 15108 USA
Fax: 412-262-4119

DESTINATION HIGHLIGHTS

Situated between wooded hillsides at the point where the Allegheny and Monongahela Rivers converge to form the Ohio River, Pittsburgh is one of America’s most scenic cities. With average daily high temperatures of 80 degrees, June is a very pleasant time to visit Pittsburgh.

While in Pittsburgh, you will want to take an incline ride up Mt. Washington, but inclines are not the only mode of travel in or to the city. Pittsburgh is a very accessible city. The convenient subway, light rail, and bus systems enable any destination within the city to be about a half-hour ride. Easy entrance to a network of interstate highways (East-West: I-70, I-76, I-80, I-376; North South: I-79, I-579, I-279) puts Pittsburgh within a day’s drive of most Eastern US cities, and the Pittsburgh International Airport has made the city conveniently accessible from anywhere in the world.

Pittsburgh is a city blessed with a rich history, as well as culturally rich and diverse communities. From these traditions, the city has a wide offering of attractions ranging from art museums to zoos. Attendees can easily take advantage of the many entertainment, cultural, and dining opportunities the city has to offer. The “Strip District” is a smorgasbord of dining and entertainment option. The Carnegie Science Center has been called “The Amusement Park for the Mind”. The city is rich in cultural activities and is home to hundreds of performing arts groups. And don’t forget Pittsburgh sports, with major league championship teams like Pirates baseball, there is always a big game in town.

Visit the city of Pittsburgh on-line at http://www.pittsburgh-cvb.org.

COMPLIMENTARY SHUTTLE BUS

Complimentary shuttle service is available from the Pittsburgh International Airport to the Embassy Suites Hotel. Upon arrival to the airport, proceed to the baggage claim area. Use the hotel telephone banks and push the button for the Embassy Suites Hotel. The shuttle will operate 6:00 am - 12 midnight.

DIRECTIONS TO THE HOTEL

FROM PITTSBURGH INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT: When exiting the airport, follow Route 60 South (Pittsburgh Exit) to Exit 3 (Moon/Business Route 60 North). Take the Coraopolis/ Sewickly Exit. Bear right off the exit. The hotel will be directly in front of you in Cherrington Corporate Center.

FROM DOWNTOWN: Take the Fort Pitt Tunnels to I-279 South. Follow I-279 South (also Rout 60 North) approximately 10 miles to exit 3 (Business Route 60 North/Moon). Take the Coraopolis/Sewickly exit and bear right. The hotel is directly ahead in the Cherrington Corporate Center.

FROM THE TURNPIKE (EXIT 3 WARRENDALE FROM OHIO): Follow I-79 South to Route 65 Sewickly exit. Follow Route 65 to Sewickly, turn left onto the Sewickly Bridge. At the end of the bridge, turn left onto Route 51. At the second light, turn right onto Thorn Run Road. Follow this road 4-5 miles, going through 1 light then 2 stop signs until you enter Cherrington Corporate Center. The hotel is directly ahead.

FROM THE TURNPIKE (EXIT 6 MONROEVILLE FROM PHILIDELPHIA): Take I-376 West to Pittsburgh. Go though the Fort Pitt Tunnels to I-279 South. Continue by using directions above “From Downtown”.

The information on this page is maintained by the TMS Meetings Department (mtgserv@tms.org).
Search Superalloys 718, 625, 706, and Derivatives Conference Management System TMS Meetings Page TMS OnLine