Meetings & Events
TMS 2014 Annual Meeting Short Courses
February 16, 2014, San Diego, California
TMS will offer the following short courses on Sunday, February 16, 2014 in conjunction with the TMS 2014 Annual Meeting & Exhibition:
For more details on these courses, visit the TMS 2014 Annual Meeting & Exhibition web site.
- 10th Annual Lead Free Solder and Interconnect Technology Workshop
- Fundamentals of Friction Stir Welding and Processing
- Furnace Systems Technology Workshop
- Grain Refinement of Aluminum and Magnesium Alloys: Theory and Practice
- Incorporating Life Cycle Assessment in Operational Decision-Making
- Neutron and X-Rays: Tutorial on Sources, Instrumentation, and Scattering
- Pot Ventilation & Dry Scrubbing Operations for Aluminum Smelters
- Proper Anode Baking Furnace Operations: How and Why
- Radiation Effects in Oxide Ceramics and Novel LWR Fuels
- Sustainability and Mineral Resources
- Theory of Constraints: Tools and Tactics for Creating Business Value in Aluminum Smelters and Other Process Industries
TMS ON-LINE COURSES
The TMS Metal-Matrix Composites course provides a comprehensive overview of composite materials with a focus on light weighting and aluminum. The course is intended for the following audience of metallurgical and materials industry professionals:
- Graduate/Undergraduate Students
- Non-technical Marketing and Sales Professionals
This course comprises six modules containing audio, visual, and text teaching materials.
Fundamentals of Aluminum Production
This video series is an excellent introduction to the aluminum production process and includes actual footage of cast shop operations. Developed by Kaiser, it provides an in-depth look at the basics of aluminum production from the first research done by Hall and Heroult through modern automated aluminum processing. This course is intended for non-engineers.
Course Discussions Include:
- Importance of anode and cathode performance
- Maintenance of pot operations
- Reducing production costs and waste through process improvement
To purchase this course, visit the Knowledge Resource Center.
PREVIOUSLY HELD COURSES
FOR MORE INFO...
TMS Meetings Department
The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society
184 Thorn Hill Road
Warrendale, PA 15086 USA
Telephone (724) 776-9000
Fax (724) 776-3770