Vision and Mission Statements
During the 1998 TMS Annual Meeting in San Antonio, Texas, The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society's Board of Directors adopted the following vision statement for the society and approved a modified mission statement.
The vision of TMS is to be the professional society of choice
for the worldwide minerals, metals, and materials community.
The mission of TMS is to promote the global science and engineering
professions concerned with minerals, metals, and materials.
|Supporting the TMS Mission
In support of the TMS vision and mission statements, TMS strives to meet the following objectives for the global community. Learn more about how the society meets these objectives through the sponsorship of worldwide conferences, publications, and professional enrichment opportunities by visiting the
About TMS web page.
- Provide forums and other opportunities for:
- The exchange of information among all segments of our community
- Networking and making contacts vital to members' interests
- Provide state-of-the-art means for disseminating information pertinent to the community
- Promote technology transfer and, thereby, the economic health of our industries
- Provide means for the professional development and career maintenance of members
- Assume a leadership role in the minerals, metals and materials community by promoting collaboration and alliances among minerals, metals and materials societies and organizations in order to strengthen the technological basis of the profession and our members
- Participate in the development of students for entry into the minerals, metals and materials professions
- Represent the minerals, metals and materials professions in the accreditation of education programs and in the registration of professional engineers
- Encourage professionalism, ethical behavior, and concern for the environment