Resources: How To Guide
This guide has been designed to provide answers to frequently asked questions concerning The Mineral, Metals & Materials Society’s (TMS) technical and administrative activities. The guide addresses technical programming, publication, professional development and other organizational issues.
How do I get involved in a TMS technical or administrative committee?
How do I update my committee information, such as the roster, and submit committee minutes or meeting agendas?
- How do I access the TMS membership directory?
- How do I obtain funding for a new idea for a TMS product or service?
- How do I propose a project for development as an Internet resource?
- How do I become a member of TMS?
- How do I submit an abstract or propose symposia for an upcoming technical conference?
- How do I propose an honorary symposium for an upcoming technical conference?
- How do I request TMS sponsorship of a meeting not organized by TMS?
- How do I obtain approval for a specialty conference?
- How do I arrange for special symposium features?
- How do I obtain meeting registration fee assistance as a presenter or for an invited speaker?
- How do I obtain what I need to apply for a visa to attend a TMS meeting?
- How can I plan what technical presentations and other events I would like to attend at a TMS meeting?
- How can I find out more about upcoming technical meetings?
- How do I get answers to other TMS programming-related questions?
- How do I submit an article for publication in JOM?
- How do I submit an article for publication in JEM?
- How do I submit an article for publication in Metallurgical and Materials Transactions?
- How do I contribute an article to a TMS conference proceedings publication?
- How can I access TMS publications?
- How do I propose a publication to TMS?
- How do I get answers to other TMS publications-related questions?
- How do I nominate someone for an award?
- How do I propose a continuing education short course?
- How can I find out more about the Professional Engineering exam?
- How can I become a program evaluator for the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)?
- How can I participate in the Young Leaders Program?
- How can I become a Young Leader Professional Development Award Winner?
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please visit the How To Guide.
If you cannot find the information you need, please complete the Administrative Information Request form, or e-mail email@example.com and a TMS representative will contact you.