Resources: How To Guide
This guide has been designed to provide answers to frequently asked questions concerning The Mineral, Metals & Materials Society’s (TMS) technical and administrative activities. The guide addresses technical programming, publication, professional development and other organizational issues.
How do I get involved in a TMS technical or administrative committee?
How do I update my committee information, such as the roster, and submit committee minutes or meeting agendas?
- How do I access the TMS membership directory?
- How do I become a member of TMS?
- How do I submit an abstract or propose symposia for an upcoming technical conference?
- How do I propose an honorary symposium for an upcoming technical conference?
- How do I request TMS sponsorship of a meeting not organized by TMS?
- How do I obtain approval for a specialty conference?
- How do I arrange for special symposium features?
- How do I obtain meeting registration fee assistance as a presenter or for an invited speaker?
- How do I obtain what I need to apply for a visa to attend a TMS meeting?
- How can I plan what technical presentations and other events I would like to attend at a TMS meeting?
- How can I find out more about upcoming technical meetings?
- How do I get answers to other TMS programming-related questions?
- How do I submit an article for publication in JOM?
- How do I submit an article for publication in JEM?
- How do I submit an article for publication in Metallurgical and Materials Transactions?
- How do I contribute an article to a TMS conference proceedings publication?
- How can I access TMS publications?
- How do I propose a publication to TMS?
- How do I get answers to other TMS publications-related questions?
- How do I nominate someone for an award?
- How do I propose a continuing education short course?
- How can I find out more about the Professional Engineering exam?
- How can I become a program evaluator for the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)?
- How can I participate in the Young Leaders Program?
- How can I become a Young Leader Professional Development Award Winner?