TMS is currently seeking applicants for the following position:
|April 23, 2015
This position supports the technical (science and engineering) and initiatives development functions of TMS through analysis and implementation of key strategic efforts. It particularly supports TMS’s growth strategies by leveraging the capabilities of the TMS Technical Director and Technical Project Leader in investigating, capturing, and executing opportunities in strategic technical areas. The position reports directly to the Technical Director, and supports the Technical Project Leader.
- Technical degree in a scientific or engineering field, preferably materials science and engineering or related discipline; Bachelors or Masters degree.
- Demonstrated ability to understand highly technical, complex information and translate into plain English.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct efficient internet-based research into complex subjects and provide succinct, technically accurate, and well-documented summary findings and recommendations.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and proficiency in presentation, technical writing, and spreadsheet tools.
- Ability to work well in independent and team-based environments.
- Strict attention to detail with minimal oversight required.
- An entrepreneurial, “roll up your sleeves” spirit that realizes value in all tasks, large and small, likes to learn by doing, and desires continuous improvement and innovation.
- Two or more years of work experience preferred, but not required.
- Carry out exploratory research and provide analysis of technically related areas of opportunity to address the development and execution of TMS initiatives, products, and services.
- Partner with the Technical Director and Technical Project Leader in the preparation of grant proposals, technical reports, and presentations.
- Work with TMS volunteers and staff (in some cases as staff lead and others as a participant) in contributing to the execution of a variety of TMS technically related initiatives, and the development of various TMS products and services,
- Work with TMS technical and administrative committees as needed, to support various initiatives of these committees.
- Acquire and maintain content for technically oriented components of the TMS web site (including the TMS member-only Funding Opportunities site)
- Assist TMS staff and volunteers on other projects as needs arise.
|Interested TMS staff should contact Kim Cannon, Human Resources. External candidates should submit a professional resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.