Active maintenance of these web resources ceased in 2012 and they will not be updated. They are posted for archival purposes only.
9/14/2007 11:52 AM
Python is an object-oriented programming language available free under the Open Source Initiative approved open source license. As listed on its website, Python features include:
* very clear, readable syntax
* strong introspection capabilities
* intuitive object orientation
* natural expression of procedural code
* full modularity, supporting hierarchical packages
* exception-based error handling
* very high level dynamic data types
* extensive standard libraries and third party modules for virtually every task
* extensions and modules easily written in C, C++ (or Java for Jython, or .NET languages for IronPython)
* embeddable within applications as a scripting interface
Citation: "Python Programming Language -- Official Website," Copyright © 1990-2007, Python Software Foundation.
To learn how to use Python, read
M. Pilgrim, Dive Into Python - Python from novice to pro, Apress, 2004.
Access Dive Into Python
Access Python Documentation
THE MINERALS, METALS & MATERIALS SOCIETY
5500 Corporate Drive Suite 750, Pittsburgh, PA 15237 USA (directions)
(U.S. and Canada)
Fax 724-776-3770 ·Email email@example.com