Active maintenance of these web resources ceased in 2012 and they will not be updated. They are posted for archival purposes only.
2/28/2008 2:33 PM
Biomaterials science and engineering is a highly interdisciplinary field intersecting medicine, biology, physics, chemistry, materials science, engineering and ethics, just to name a few of key players. UWEB offers below a series of short tutorials on key subjects and materials impacting biomaterials science and engineering.
• Introduction to biomaterials
• Bacteria,, Infection and Biofilms
• Blood Biocompatibility
• Biomaterials for Cardiovascular Applications
• Mechanical Properties of Biomaterials
• Drug Delivery and Controlled Release
Also, there are tutorials on specific materials for biological purposes including:
• Poly(HEMA) and hydrogels
• Titanium and Metals in medicine
• PLA and PGA
• Natural Polymers as Biomaterials (chitosan, alginate, collagen)
• Porous Scaffolds
Citation: "Biomaterials Tutorial," UWEB. COPYRIGHT 2004 UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON ENGINEERED BIOMATERIALS.
THE MINERALS, METALS & MATERIALS SOCIETY
5500 Corporate Drive Suite 750, Pittsburgh, PA 15237 USA (directions)
(U.S. and Canada)
Fax 724-776-3770 ·Email firstname.lastname@example.org