New Workshop Opportunity
Vision 2040 Study for Integrated Multiscale, Materials and Structures Modeling and Simulation Workshop
On May 21, 2017, from 1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pratt & Whitney and NASA Glenn Research Center will host Vision 2040 Study for Integrated Multiscale, Materials and Structures Modeling and Simulation Workshop. This interactive workshop will be focused on identifying the key technological and infrastructural pathways toward achieving the future state of integrated multiscale materials and structural modeling and simulation in the year 2040. The results will used to develop a technology roadmap for NASA, other government agencies, and industry to prioritize future research and development efforts.
As an ICME 2017 attendee, this workshop is an exciting opportunity for you to:
- Guide a national 2040 vision for multiscale materials and structures modeling and simulation;
- Inform future funding opportunities to advance key technological and infrastructural elements to achieve the 2040 vision; and
- Influence and accelerate the advancement of computationally assisted design and certification of advanced materials.
NASA is seeking your participation in a highly interactive working session to enable this 2040 end-state. All ICME 2017 attendees are invited to participate in this open session. Please note that, unlike traditional conference presentations, this workshop will feature active brainstorming, analysis, and prioritization exercises. As such we encourage participants to attend the entire session.
If you would like to participate, please contact Jared Kosters (email@example.com) by May 12, 2017, with your level of interest in this workshop and your primary area of expertise.
Congress Sponsors and Organizers
This congress is sponsored by the TMS Integrated Computational Materials Engineering Committee
of the Materials Processing & Manufacturing Division
, and is being organized by the following individuals:
||Paul Mason, Thermo-Calc Software Inc.
||Charles Fisher, Naval Surface Warfare Center – Carderock Division
Ryan Glamm, Boeing, USA
Michele Manuel, University of Florida, USA
Georg J. Schmitz, MICRESS group at ACESS e.V.
Amarendra Singh, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India
Ale Strachan, Purdue University, USA
International Advisory Committee
- Dipankar Banerjee, Indian Institute of Science, India
- Annika Borgenstam, KTH – Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Masahiko Demura, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Dennis Dimiduk, BlueQuartz, LLC, USA
- B.P. Gautham, Tata Consulting Services, India
- Liang Jiang, Central South University, China
- Kai-Friedrich Karhausen, Hydroaluminium, Germany
- Peter Lee, Imperial College, UK
- Mei Li, Ford Motor Company, USA
- Baicheng Liu, Tsinghua University, China
- Javier Llorca, IMDEA, Spain
- Jiangfeng Nie, Monash University, Australia
- Warren Poole, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Antonio J. Ramirez, The Ohio State University, USA
- James Warren, National Institute of Standards and Technology, USA
- Erich Wimmer, Materials Design, France
For More Information
For more information about this meeting, please complete the meeting inquiry form or contact:
TMS Meeting Services
5700 Corporate Drive Suite 750
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
U.S. and Canada Only: 1-800-759-4867
Other Countries: 1-724-776-9000, ext. 241