AIME Honorary Membership is one of the highest honors that the Institute can bestow on an individual. Established in 1872 and bestowed in appreciation of outstanding service to the Institute or in recognition of distinguished scientific or engineering achievement in the fields embracing, broadly speaking, the activities of the Institute.
This award recognizes outstanding service or distinguished scientific or engineering achievement in the fields embracing the activities of AIME and its Member Societies.
For more information on this award, view the bylaws.
- A member of an AIME Member Society who is outstanding in their respective fields and/or who has performed outstanding service to the Institute.
- A United States citizen, whether AIME Member Society members or not, who is particularly outstanding; or
- A citizen of a foreign country who is outstanding in their work combined with an official position of service to the profession.
How to Nominate
June 15 of each year.
Please submit the following documents to complete the nomination process:
- Completed nomination form.
- Nominator's Supporting Statement: This statement is to be included within the principal nominator’s cover letter of endorsement. The supporting statement should outline the qualifications of the nominee for the specific honor/award. The nominator’s supporting letter should be no more than two pages.
- A minimum of two, maximum of five, letters of endorsement. Each letter should be no longer than one page. No more than one letter of endorsement may be from the same affiliation as the nominee. The nominator’s letter may be counted in the total number required.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae, no more than 5 pages.
Send complete nomination packet to the TMS Awards & Recognition Specialist.