This mid-career award recognizes individuals with sustained excellence and achievement in business, technology, education, public policy, or science related to materials science and engineering and with a record of continuing service to the profession.
The honorees will be given a certificate and lapel pin. Recipients of this award may be eligible for Acta Materialia Gold Medal, AIME Honorary Membership, Fellow, William Hume-Rothery, and IOM/Mehl.
For more information on this award, view the bylaws.
- Must be a current professional member of TMS and have been a member for at least five consecutive years.
- May not reach his/her 50th birthday by December 31 of the year in which the initial nomination is made.
How to Nominate
April 1 of each year.
Please submit the following documents to complete the nomination process:
- Completed nomination form.
- A resume of no more than four pages describing the following:
- The first page will be a resume of the candidate, to include: date of birth, educational background, positions held, and other information describing the candidate.
- The second page will describe the most significant career achievements of the candidate; the quality of these achievements is more important than the quantity.
- The third page will describe the candidate’s service to the profession; separate sections may describe service to TMS as distinct from other service activities.
- The fourth page will provide testimonials relating to the candidate’s achievements and service to the profession.
Send complete nomination packet to the TMS Awards & Recognition Specialist.