Honorary membership will be a lifetime appointment, with all benefits of full, professional membership in TMS. Membership dues will be waived for honorary members.
No more than 5 nominees in any year will be forwarded to the Honors & Professional Recognition Committee for approval. Awardees must ultimately be approved by the TMS Board of Directors.
There shall be no more than 100 honorary members at any time.
For more information on this award, view the bylaws.
- Must be a non-traditional member candidate (e.g. persons of varied backgrounds holding leadership positions in industry, government, and academia).
- Must exhibit excellence in both personal reputation and career achievements that have positively impacted the furtherance of minerals, metals, materials, or related fields of industries.
- Cannot be a current or recent member of the society.
How to Nominate
April 1 of each year.
Please submit the following documents to complete the nomination process:
- Completed nomination form.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae, no more than 5 pages.
- Two-to-five letters of endorsement are optional, but recommended. Each letter should be no longer than one page. No more than one letter of endorsement may be from the same affiliation as the nominee. The nominator’s letter may be counted in the total number required.
Send complete nomination packet to TMS Awards.