The student poster contest, held each year at the TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition, is sponsored by the five technical divisions of TMS. Both undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to participate in this dynamic and interactive event.
- Participants must be full-time students pursuing graduate or undergraduate degrees.
- Authors must register to attend the TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition and be present to put-up and take-down the posters.
- Authors must be present during a scheduled "Exhibit Showing" (similar to a science fair) to answer questions and discuss their work.
- Each author may use up to a 45" x 45" space. If poster exceeds this space, it will be neither presented nor eligible for contest. (Authors are assigned display numbers prior to the conference to designate where presentations should be posted.)
- Visual aids that could clarify the results of your own work are encouraged. Do not, however, post your paper text. Graphics should be simple, colorful, well labeled and clear. The title should be written in letters 1" to 2" high, and all material should be readable from a distance of 6 feet.
How to Apply
December 1 of each year.
Posters may be submitted through the TMS Annual Meeting website .