Thank you for your interest in holding a professional development event with TMS. Proposals for new events are accepted on an ongoing bases. To submit a proposal, click on the button below to complete the TMS Professional Development Event Proposal Form. All proposed events must be submitted through the online form.
When submitting a proposal, please include as much detail about technical scope, program duration, instructors detials, potential sponsorship support, and suggested format. After submitting a proposal, TMS staff will work with the volunteer(s) and necessary review groups to determine the feasibility, format, and program provisions. Please direct any questions to TMS Professional Development staff.
TMS offers a variety of formats for professional development event, including: workshops held with the TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition or other specialty conferences; standalone courses; and standalone webinars or webinar series. Learn more about each type of event:
Events held with the TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition
March 11–15, 2018 • Phoenix, Arizona, USA
- Complete course proposals are due by May 31, 2017.
- Workshops can be held on the Sunday (March 11) prior to the start of the meeting’s technical program.
- Proposals can be submitted year-round and courses are held throughout the year.
- Proposals can be submitted year-round and are held throughout the year as one-time presentations or as a multi-presentation series.
Additional Event Opportunities
- Proposals for additional professional development opportunities should also be submitted through the online form. These may include:
- Materials Science & Technology 2017 (MS&T17) - 2017 proposal deadline was March 31, 2017
- TMS Specialty Meetings
- Supplier Technology Commercial Programs
Contact the TMS Professional Development staff for questions or assistance regarding new event proposals.