IMMI: Call for Papers
Integrating Materials and Manufacturing Innovation (IMMI) is a new Open Access journal committed to building
a seamless and dynamic engineering design framework supporting the accelerated discovery, development, and
application of materials, materials systems, and materials processes for practical use in manufacturing. Combining the
rigor of scholarly publication with enhanced digital content, IMMI covers innovations from the discovery of materials to
Key features of the journal, a co-publication of The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS) and Springer, include
A new era is rapidly approaching in which individual tools and dispersed data must be brought together into integrated
toolsets and made available to materials, manufacturing, and design engineers to create a materials innovation
infrastructure. To foster the presentation of novel approaches to achieve this, TMS and IMMI’s editor, Chuck Ward, are
especially seeking papers that emphasize or relate to the following themes:
- Open Access, facilitating the transfer of free research articles to industry, government, and academic scientists
and engineers worldwide.
- Authors retain copyright of their published work.
- Citable, web-based enhanced publishing options that allow authors to post video, data, models/codes, links to
databases, and author and reader commentary.
- Fast review and rapid publication of accepted articles in electronic format.
- Annual print compilation of each volume year available for hard copy reference.
- Detailed case studies of endeavors to integrate experiment and modeling to solve an enduring engineering
problem in materials and manufacturing.
- Introduction of novel experimental or computational techniques or data sets that help accelerate the development
of advanced materials and/or manufacturing processes, and often enable bridging length or time domains.
- Best practices in verification and validation of models, data curation, and standards and protocols for model
integration and exchange of data.
- In-depth descriptions of databases and database tools in the area of materials and manufacturing.
For more information or to submit your manuscript online, go to www.immijournal.com.
IMMI is published by Springer Science & Business Media, LLC (Springer) 233 Spring St., New York, NY 10013 in cooperation with The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS).
IMMI, 184 Thorn Hill Road, Warrendale, Pennsylvania 15086; fax (724) 776-3770; telephone (724) 776-9000.
The opinions and statements expressed in IMMI are those of the authors only and are not necessarily those of TMS or the editorial staff. No confirmations or endorsements are intended or implied.