Plan now to participate in the ninth installment of the International Symposium on Lead and Zinc Processing (PbZn 2020), co-located with the TMS 2020 Annual Meeting and Exhibition, February 23-27, 2020, San Diego, California.
Established in 1970, the PbZn symposium series is considered the leading international technical forum for the lead and zinc processing industries. PbZn 2020 will convene operators, engineers, and researchers to exchange information about all aspects of current processing technologies for primary and secondary lead and zinc, as well as emerging technologies for both metals.
Co-location with the TMS 2020 Annual Meeting & Exhibition (TMS2020) affords even greater exposure for your work, since all TMS2020 attendees will have access to PbZn 2020 programming as part of their registration.
Specific technical topics for PbZn 2020 include, but are not limited to:
- Global factors affecting the production of zinc and lead, including economic aspects, product development and marketing endeavors, and environmental and health issues
- Surveys of existing smelters and refineries for primary and secondary lead and zinc production
- Lead and zinc production technology
- Product applications, marketing, and new product development
- Recycling technologies and product life cycle issues
- Fundamental research related to lead and zinc processes and to understanding the basic theories of lead and zinc processing
PuBZoNe: PbZn 2020 Networking Reception
On Monday evening, February 24, the PbZn 2020 networking event, PuBZoNe, will offer attendees the opportunity to connect in a relaxed, casual setting at a local San Diego restaurant. The venue for the event, barleymash, is located in San Diego’s Gaslamp District and calls itself “the fun, high-energy downtown restaurant and bar that celebrates the richness of American culture through its appetizing and progressive bar fare.” Drink tickets and light appetizers will be provided; attendees can purchase tickets for this event for $75 through the TMS2020 registration form. Note: You must be 21 or older to attend. Please be prepared to present a valid photo ID at the event.
Teck Trail Operations Tour
After the conference is over, you are invited to travel to Spokane, Washington, for the Teck Trail Operations tour of one of the world’s largest fully integrated zinc and lead smelting and refining complexes, located in southern British Columbia, Canada. Registration for this event is separate from your TMS2020 registration and all participants will be required to make their own travel arrangements to Spokane. Register for this event through the Teck Trail Operations Tour website by January 28, 2020.
- Chair: Andreas Siegmund, LanMetCon LLC, USA
- Shafiq Alam, University of Saskatchewan, Canada
- Liu Cheng, China ENFI Engineering Corporation, China
- Joseph Grogan, Gopher Resource, USA
- Ulrich Kerney, Recylex, France
- Etsuro Shibata, Tohoku University, Japan
PbZn 2020 is organized by TMS, with sponsorship from the Hydrometallurgy and Electrometallurgy Committee, and the Pyrometallurgy Committee
- Metallurgy & Materials Society- Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum
- Gesellschaft der Metallurgen und Bergleute
- The Mining and Materials Processing Institute of Japan
- Nonferrous Metals Society of China
Sign Up for Updates
If you have any questions on PbZn 2020, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org