TMS offers the following resources to help make traveling to the TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition more convenient for attendees with family care needs.
Family Care Grants
Applications are now closed for the 2023 TMS Family Care Grant Program.
The maximum number of grant applications have been submitted, and the waiting list has been filled.
The TMS Family Care Grant Program is designed to help individuals who are incurring extra family-care expenses (e.g. childcare, eldercare, or care of a family member with disabilities) as a result of attending the TMS 2023 Annual Meeting & Exhibition (TMS2023). The program can also apply to attendees who require personal assistance at the meeting due to a disability. A limited number of grants—up to $500 each—will be available to help offset expenses. Please note that only one grant per household will be conferred.
Allowable expenses include:
- Family care expenses incurred at the meeting site (for example, childcare, eldercare, care of a family member with disabilities, or travel costs to bring young children or family members with disabilities to San Diego)
- Extra family care expenses at home incurred because the primary caregiver was attending the meeting (for example, overtime at a daycare center, cost of additional babysitting or eldercare services, etc.). A signed statement by caregiver, including the total amount paid per day, is required.
- Expenses incurred in bringing a caregiver (or family member acting as caregiver) to the meeting.
- Expenses incurred by an attendee with disabilities to bring a family member/caretaker to the meeting to assist the attendee.
- Expenses associated with any supportive equipment (strollers, cribs, etc.) that the attendee might need in order to bring their child with them for care up to $150 reimbursement.
The following expenses are not allowable:
- Attendee’s meeting registration fee, mileage and travel expenses to and from the meeting, airport transportation, and rental cars.
- Meal expenses, including any food and beverage expenses for the attendee or family members.
- Tickets to local museums, amusement parks, or other attractions.
- Pet care expenses
If the number of requests exceeds available funding, preference will be given to attendees with allowable expenses who applied earlier in the process.
Grant recipients will be notified if their application is approved by March 3, 2023. Approved applicants must send a list of expenses and receipts showing the extra expenses incurred by April 3, 2023. Please allow up to six weeks to receive your reimbursement.
For additional information, contact Courtney Hammer, TMS Membership Program Manager.
Please note: There will be no TMS-sponsored family care services on-site at the TMS 2023 Annual Meeting & Exhibition. TMS does not sanction or recommend family care providers and does not assume responsibility or liability for family care services of any sort. It is the responsibility of attendees to thoroughly investigate all family care providers.
Expanding the TMS Family Care Grants program is a focus area of the TMS Foundation. To learn more, visit the TMS Foundation website
Accommodations for Nursing Mothers
Nursing Mother’s Lounge facilities will be available at the meeting. More details on access and location will be provided closer to the meeting. Please contact Kellye Parsson, TMS Global Conferences and Events Manager, if you have any questions.
For other special needs or accommodations, please contact Kellye Parsson prior to the meeting to discuss your specific needs.