Orlando is one of TMS’s most popular annual meeting destinations and for TMS2024, we are pleased to welcome our attendees to the Hyatt Regency Orlando, a beautiful venue located conveniently to downtown Orlando, and minutes from all the area’s main attractions.
About the Hyatt Regency Orlando on International Drive
All technical programming for TMS2024, as well as the meeting’s all-conference social and networking events, will be held under one roof at the Hyatt Regency Orlando, a AAA four-diamond resort hotel located in Orlando’s International Drive Entertainment District.
Learn about additional benefits of staying at the Hyatt and book accommodations.
Learn more about the International Drive location.
Addressing Florida State Government Concerns
As we look forward to gathering at TMS2024 for an energizing and engaging meeting experience, TMS also recognizes concerns that have been raised about holding a meeting in Florida due to the Florida state government’s legislative actions that affect many TMS constituencies, including Black, Hispanic and Latino/Latina, LGBTQ+, and other marginalized groups. These actions are antithetical to the values that TMS holds as an inclusive organization advancing the pursuit of scientific and technical knowledge in a forum of free and open speech. This was not the case when TMS made significant and binding financial commitments to hold TMS2024 and other meetings in Orlando, that if broken, would bankrupt the Society. What has remained the same is that the City of Orlando clearly holds values more aligned with those of TMS than it does with the state of Florida.
Our going forward focus is to work with our venue, the City of Orlando, and our volunteers to ensure that all our attendees feel welcome, safe, and comfortable and have a productive and fulfilling meeting experience. TMS has developed this online resource to provide a centralized directory of resources that attendees can use as they plan their travel and stay in Orlando. Please check back often as we add resources and information.
Actions for Conference Safety
- All official TMS2024 all-conference programming and activities will be held within the Hyatt Regency Resort, with TMS control of the meeting environment.
- TMS requires all attendees to review the Society’s Anti-Harassment Policy and understand how to report a violation of this policy.
- TMS will employ badge checkers to assure that only registrants are allowed access to our events.
- TMS will hire off-duty police to provide additional protection to our attendees and event space, as a supplement to the Hyatt Regency Orlando’s professional security team.
- Our volunteers are working to develop listings of especially welcoming offsite venues for dining and socializing.
- TMS is working with the Hyatt Regency Orlando to provide clearly marked gender neutral restrooms in the meeting venue.
Orlando: A City that Supports Diversity and Inclusion
Related TMS Public Statements and Advocacy
A Joint Statement by The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society’s President and Executive Director on Conducting TMS Events in Orlando, Florida
(May 2023) Read the Letter
TMS Support of Multisociety Engineering Societies Letter to State Leaders Regarding DEI
(May 2023) Read the Letter
Please check back regularly as we update the resources and information on this page.