This conference will be held Sunday, August 26, through Wednesday, August 29. Attendees are required to register and badges must be worn for admission to technical sessions, the exhibition, and all conference events.
Please Note: As of August 1, 2018, credit cards are the only acceptable form of payment for online registration. For anyone who wishes to pay by check or bank transfer, please use the PDF Registration Form.
Early Bird Registration:
Early bird registration is no longer available. Standard rates took effect on June 26, 2018.
Before June 26, 2018
On or After June 26, 2018
*Please note that registration rates are in CAD and do not include 13% tax.
If you are an exhibitor and have not registered your allotted one free full-conference pass, please proceed to your booth confirmation e-mail to login to your existing booth profile.
Professional development course registration is available through the Extraction 2018 conference registration system. For specific course registration rates, please see the Professional Development page of the website.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here is a list of generally asked questions. Many of your answers may be listed here, therefore eliminating your wait for an e-mail reply or on the telephone for help. We hope this will help you in your inquiries.
ABOUT FEES/DISCOUNTS/GENERAL REGISTRATION:
- Do you offer one-day registration?
- There are no one-day registration fees for this meeting.
- Do you offer member discounts (life, retired, etc.)?
- There are no member discounted fees at this meeting.
- I am an author and attending only to present my paper. May I get a discount?
- No, unfortunately this is not available. Upon submitting your abstract the condition was to submit a paper for publication and register for the conference with full conference payment.
- What is included in the registration fee?
Delegates of Extraction 2018 enjoy the following benefits:
(Exception: not applicable for short course only registrants)
- Access to the technical presentations
- Access to the trade show and poster session
- Access to Wi-Fi in all public spaces of the meeting
- Free copy of the electronic proceedings of the meeting
- Hors d’oeuvres and one free drink ticket during the opening reception
- Refreshments at coffee breaks on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
- Morning coffee and pastries daily on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
- One free drink ticket at the Monday Happy Hour
- I would like to pay with a bank transfer or check. How do I proceed?
- Proceed with the online registration process. At the payment stage, the system will provide you with bank details for wire payments, and mailing information for sending a check.
- I have sent payment but I am still receiving notification of unpaid registration.
- What are the registration deadlines?
- Before June 26, 2018, for the early bird price.
- Before August 1, 2018, if you want to pay with bank transfer or check. After August 1, 2018, only credit cards will be accepted.
- I require an invitation letter from the organization to attend.
- Visit the Visa Information page on the conference website for information on required documents and timelines. The online registration system can issue you an invitation letter once registration is paid and complete.
- What is the cancellation/substitution policy?
- A processing fee of $150 CAD will be applied to all cancelled registrations.
- After June 1, 2018, no refunds will be issued for author cancellations. A full refund will be provided to authors who have preregistered but whose paper was not accepted.
- After August 1, 2018, no refund will be issued for all other delegates.
- Refunds or credits will not be given for failure to attend, late arrival, visa refusal, etc. Any medical issues necessitate a doctor’s notification.
- Substitutions must be submitted in writing (e-mail) by the original registrant. The substitute must bring a letter from the original registrant to be processed onsite at the registration desk.
- Extraction 2018 is not responsible for airfare, housing, or other costs incurred by participants in the event of program or registration cancellation.
ABOUT GUEST AND OTHER:
- How many exhibitor badges are included in the exhibit booth?
- One exhibitor badge is included in a booth purchase.
- Can I volunteer to the conference?
- Thank you for your enthusiasm but we are not requiring any volunteers at this time.
- Can my spouse/partner attend?
- All attendees and partners/spouses need to register as a delegate. We do not have a spousal/guest program, and badges are required to enter a technical session or social function of Extraction 2018.
- Additional tickets are available for sale for the Monday Pub Night and Tuesday Extraction 2018 Conference Banquet where you may invite a guest/spouse.
- Do you provide special assistance for persons with physical limitations/special needs?
- Please advise the hotel upon booking your accommodations for any special needs you may require.
- The hotel is equipped with elevators at all levels. Please note on your registration form if additional assistance is required.
- What are the registration hours?
- Onsite registration will open on Saturday, August 25, 2018, at 8:00 a.m.
- When will I receive my program book and badge?
- Materials will be provided onsite.
- Am I required to wear my badge?
- What type of clothing is appropriate?
- Business dress is appropriate for this conference.
- How do I book hotel rooms? Group booking?
- Visit the Housing page of the conference website for more details and to make hotel accommodations.
- For group bookings contact the hotel. Contact information is available on website address.
- What is the weather in Ottawa in August?
- High: 25°C / 77°F
- Low: 14°C / 57°F
- All times for this conference and related events will take place in the local time zone, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) UTC -04:00.
- The meeting and all presentations, program materials, and signage will be in English.
Is your answer is still not listed? Don’t hesitate and contact us!
Registration/payment/edits inquiries can be directed to:
For additional inquiries, please visit the Contact Us page and find the appropriate person to assist you.