Meeting Home: Continuing Education Home: ANSWER/MRI Tutorial Series
TMS 2010: ANSWER/MRI Tutorial Series: Neutron and Synchrotron Scattering 101 for Structural Materials Researchers
February 14-18, 2010 • Washington State Convention Center • Seattle, WA
The application of neutron and synchrotron scattering in the study of engineering materials has becomes increasingly important because of its unique ability to provide microscopic information about the microstructural features and mechanical behaviors of advanced materials and composites.
Download the ANSWER Tutorial Series: Neutron and Synchrotron Scattering 101 for Structural Materials Researchers
Course Information Flier (PDF).
Who should attend?
Material science researchers or engineers interested neutron materials studies, mechanical behaviors and processing of materials.
- "NSF-ANSWER and MRI Program Introduction," by Peter Liaw.
- "Elastic Plastic Self-consistent (EPSC) modeling collaborated with
Neutron Diffraction Experiments," by Sean Agnew, University of Virginia
- "Profile Analyses," by Tamas Ungar, Eotvos Lorand University
Peter Liaw, professor and Ivan Racheff Chair of Excellence, University of Tennessee
- Camden Hubbard, group leader, Diffraction and Thermophysical Properties Group, Oak
Ridge National Laboratory
- Hahn Choo, associate professor, University of Tennessee
- Xun-Li Wang, distinguished scientist and group leader, Powder Diffraction and Imaging
Group, Neutron Scattering Science Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Takeshi Egami, distinguished scientist, University of Tennessee/Oak Ridge National
How to register
Register by January 15, 2010 using the
Online Registration Form or download
Registration Form (PDF)
and mail or fax with your payment. Cost is $100 for members and $125 for
Free Student Registration
This tutorial is free to the first 25 students who register. Please contact Nate
Natale, technical support services specialist at: firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.
Date and Time:
Sunday, February 14, 1 to 4:30 p.m.
For additional information regarding the TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition, please complete the TMS Meetings Mailing List Form or contact:
184 Thorn Hill Road
Warrendale, PA 15086 USA
Tel: (724) 776-9000 x243
Fax: (724) 776-3770