TMS 2010: Networking & Events
February 14-18, 2010 • Washington State Convention Center • Seattle, WA
139th TMS and AIME Awards Banquet
Tuesday, February 16, Grand Ballroom, Sheraton Seattle
Reception – 6:30 to 7:15 p.m;
Awards Dinner – 7:15 to 10 p.m.
This spotlight events features the annual awards presentation and installation of 2010 TMS President George T. "Rusty" Gray. Tickets may be purchased at the TMS 2010 registration desk.
TMS Lunch and Learn Session: "Carbon Fiber Composites Research and Development at Automobili Lamborghini"
Monday, February 15, Washington State Convention Center. 12:30 to 1:45 p.m.
Dr. Luciano DeOto, Senior Manager of Composites Activities for Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A., and Paolo Feraboli, professor and director of Automobili Lamborghini Advanced Composite Structures Laboratory (ACSL) at the University of Washington will present this session focusing on new materials for the legendary Lamborghini sports car. Attendees will be invited to view a Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce in the exhibit hall.
President’s Welcoming Reception and Poster Session
Monday, February 15, Washington State Convention Center, 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
TMS, MSE & Me Video Contest Announcement
Sunday, February 14, 8-8:30 p.m., Washington State Convention Center
Winners of the contest will be announced in Room 6C on the convention center prior to the final round of the Materials Bowl sponsored by Alcoa. First place recipient will receive $2,010, while second place earns $750 and third receives $250.
This is the ideal blend of casual conversation and intellectual exchange.
Meet and greet colleagues who share your passion for your field of interest and set the tone for your conference experience.
Date and Time:
All receptions will be Sunday, February 14 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Washington State Convention & Trade Center, with the exception of the Jim Evans Honorary Symposium, which will be Monday, February 15.
- Light Metals (Sponsored by Bechtel) - Room 608
- Biological Materials Science - Room 205
- Characterization of Minerals, Metals and Materials - Room 307
- Computational Thermodynamics and Kinetics - Room 308
- Global Innovations in Manufacturing of Aerospace Materials: The 11th
MPMD Global Innovations Symposium - Room 306
- Lead Free Solders and Emerging Interconnect and Packaging Technologies - Room 204
- Ultrafine Grained Materials – Sixth International Symposium - Room 606
- Magnesium Technology - Room 612
- Aluminum Alloys Fabrication, Characterization and Applications - Room 615
- The Vasek Vitek Symposium on Crystal Defects, Computational Materials Science and Applications - Room 603
- Jim Evans Honorary Symposium Reception: Monday February 15, 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. in Room 620
Register for these Lectures, as well as related Short Courses, Workshops and Tutorials, with the Online Registration Form.
- Aluminum Plenary Session
"The Aluminium Industry – Perspectives on our Future"
- Young Leaders Tutorial Luncheon Lecture [more info]
"Energy Materials – Past, Present, and Future"
by Xingbo Liu, professor of mechanical & aerospace engineering, West Virginia Univ. USA
- Institute of Metals/Robert Franklin Mehl Lecture [more info]
"Nature-Inspired Structural Materials"
by Robert Ritchie,Chua Distinguished Professor of Engineering, University of California, USA
- Women in Science Breakfast Lecture [more info]
"Advancing Women in Engineering"
by Eve A. Riskin, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Professor of Electrical Engineering and Director of the ADVANCE Center for Institutional Change, University of Washington, USA
- William Hume-Rothery Award Lecture [more info]
Speaker: Didier deFontaine, Professor Emeritus, University of California, USA
- Extraction & Processing/Materials Processing & Manufacturing
Joint Division Luncheon Lecture [more info]
"Titanium: Its Attributes, Characteristics and Applications"
by Rod Boyer, Boeing Commercial Airplanes, Seattle, Washington, USA
- Extraction & Processing Division Distinguished Lecture [more info]
Speaker: J. Brent Hiskey, Associate Dean, University
of Arizona, USA
- Light Metals Division Luncheon Lecture [more info]
"Aluminum – Are We There Yet?"
Speaker: Wayne Hale, executive vice president and CEO, Century Aluminum,
For additional information regarding the TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition, please complete the TMS Meetings Mailing List Form or contact:
184 Thorn Hill Road
Warrendale, PA 15086 USA
Tel: (724) 776-9000 x243
Fax: (724) 776-3770