About the 1996 International Symposium on Extraction and Processing for the Treatment and Minimization of Wastes
2ND INTERNATIONAL SYPOSIUM ON EXTRACTION AND PROCESSING FOR THE TREATMENT AND MINIMIZATION OF WASTES
October 27-30, 1996 · Phoenix, Arizona
Sponsors:The symposium is being organized by the Extraction & Processing Division and the Light Metals Division of The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society.
Date: October 27-30, 1996
Location: The Pointe Hilton Resort at Squaw Peak, Phoenix, Arizona
This international symposium will focus on issues, as well as recent
advances, in extraction and processing as applied to the treatment and
minimization of wastes.
A reception will be held on Sunday afternoon, October 27, 1996. The plenary
session will be held on Monday morning, October 28, 1996 followed by technical
sessions from Monday afternoon to Wednesday afternoon.
Often the most difficult problems associated with the treatment of wastes are
regulatory issues and the public perception of the application of technology.
The Plenary Session will examine current issues related to the processing and
minimization of wastes from the perspective of the federal government,
industry, the environmental community, and the media.
This symposium will bring together a diverse group of researchers, policy
makers, regulators, manufacturers, and other interested groups to address their
common interests in waste treatment and minimization. A published proceedings
volume will be available at the symposium.
- Co-Chairman: Ramachandran, V.
- ASARCO Inc.
- 3422 S 700 W
- Salt Lake City, UT 84119-4191
- Phone: (801) 263-5224
- Fax: (801) 261-2194
- Co-Chairman: Nesbitt, Carl C.
- Michigan Technological University
- Department of Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- 1400 Townsend Drive
- Houghton, MI 49931-1295
- Phone: (906) 487-2796
- Fax: (906) 487-2934
General Meeting Co-Chairmen
Cooperating Societies Include:
- Air and Waste Management Association
- American Foundrymen's Society, Inc.
- Associacão Brasileira de Metalurgia E Materials
- The Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy
- Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum
- The Center for Waste Reduction Technologies of the American Institute
of Chemical Engineers
- The Chinese Society for Metals
- Hazardous Materials Control Resources Institute
- Health Physics Society
- The Institution of Mining and Metallurgy
- The Iron and Steel Institute of Japan
- Iron and Steel Society
- Japanese Institute of Metals
- The Korean Institute of Metals and Materials
- Mexican Academy of Materials Science
- Mining and Materials Processing Institute of Japan
- Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration
- Société Francaise de Métallurgie et de
Registration fee includes attendance at all technical sessions,
Welcoming Reception, Symposium Luncheon, Symposium Banquet, coffee breaks and a bound copy of the symposium proceedings.
All attendees are encouraged to register in advance to avoid delays on-site.
Advance registration fee must be sent to TMS before October 11, 1996 to
qualify for the $495 member/$580 non-member pre-registration fee.
Registration forms received after October 11 will be charged the on-site fee of
$525 member/$610 non-member. You may register in Phoenix at the on-site fee
during the hours listed below.
To register in advance and qualify for the advance registration savings,
complete the on-line Registration Form or print the form and mail or fax with payment to:
Customer Service Department
184 Thorn Hill Road
Warrendale, PA 15086
Registration packets will be distributed at the meeting during the
- Sunday, Oct. 27 3:00-7:00 PM
- Monday, Oct. 28 7:00 AM-5:00 PM
- Tuesday, Oct. 29 7:00 AM-5:00 PM
- Wednesday, Oct. 30 7:00 AM-2:00 PM
- A special student registration fee of $90 pre-registration/$110 on-site
- (which includes the Welcoming Reception and conference registration) is
- available for all students who attend the conference. The Luncheon and Banquet
- tickets, and the conference proceedings must be purchased separately. Please
- see the registration form enclosed in this brochure.
- Written requests must be sent to TMS, 184 Thorn Hill Road,
- Warrendale, PA 15086. No refunds will be issued after October 11, 1996
- deadline. A $30 service fee will be assessed on all cancellations.
Housing Accomodations and Travel Information
The information on this page is maintained by TMS Customer Service Center (email@example.com).