This year, TMS offers a selection of 14 workshops, courses, and tutorials in conjunction with the TMS Annual Meeting. All events will be held on Sunday, March 11, prior to the start of the meeting’s technical program.
Sign up for one of these professional development events when you register for the TMS 2018 Annual Meeting & Exhibition. Please note that registration for the full TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition is not required to attend a professional development event. Save on registration fees when you sign up by February 1, 2018.
2018 Professional Development Offerings
Full Day Events:
Half-Day Morning Events:
Half-Day Afternoon Events:
* Part of the Supplier Technology Education Program
About TMS2018 Professional Development Events
The 2018 slate of courses and workshops has been developed to meet the needs of materials science and engineering professionals and to offer creative solutions for solving industry challenges, generating cost savings, and expanding skillsets needed to advance personal and professional knowledge via the latest technology and best practices. Instructors for each program have been selected based on their expertise as regarded subject matter experts.
For each of the events listed above, please note the following:
- Minimum numbers of class enrollment are necessary to conduct a course and advance registration is encouraged. Should a course need to be cancelled due to low enrollment, TMS will provide as much advance notice as possible and provide full refunds to participants.
- A refund, minus a $50 processing fee, will be given for all cancellations requested in writing before the advance registration deadline of February 1, 2018.
- Course materials are included in the registration fee and will be distributed as digital downloads prior to or after the conclusion of the program as provided by instructors.
- All times for TMS2018 professional development courses will take place in local time—U.S. Mountain Time Zone (UTC -07:00).