Date: February 27–28, 2020
Location: Spokane, Washington, USA, and Trail, British Columbia, Canada
Enhance your PbZn 2020 experience. Sign up in advance to participate in the Teck Trail Operations tour after the conference is over. Trail Operations is one of the world’s largest fully integrated zinc and lead smelting and refining complexes, located in southern British Columbia. Space is limited—secure your spot now!
Register Online Today
Registration Form (PDF)
Registration closes January 28, 2020
Before registering for this event, please note the following:
- Registrants must secure their own travel to and from Spokane, Washington, USA. (View this visual summary of travel requirements.)
- Please review the Teck Trail Operations’ Tour Requirements (below) completely before registering for this event.
Thursday, February 27
Travel to Spokane, Washington (attendee is responsible for their own transportation)
7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.: Dinner at Hilton Garden Inn, Spokane Airport
Friday, February 28
Breakfast (attendee is responsible for their own meal)
5:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.: Travel by bus from Hilton Garden Inn, Spokane Airport to Teck Trail Operations
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.: Tour of Teck Trail Operations and Lunch
3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.: Travel by bus from Teck Trail Operations to Hilton Garden Inn, Spokane Airport
Dinner (attendee is responsible for their own meal)
Your registration fee includes:
- Dinner on Thursday, February 27
- Roundtrip bus transportation between Spokane, Washington and Trail, British Columbia on Friday, February 28
- Tour of Teck Trail Operations
- Lunch on Friday, February 28
Registration Fee: $350
Cancellation/Refund Policy: TMS reserves the right to cancel this tour due to low registration; registrants will be notified at least 20 days prior to the tour date and receive full refunds of registration fees paid to TMS. Travel–related expenses are the responsibility of the registrant and not included in registration fee refunds. If a registrant must cancel, TMS must be notified in writing before January 28, 2020; payment will be refunded less a $75 processing fee. No refunds will be processed after January 28, 2020.
The tour will depart from the Hilton Garden Inn, Spokane Airport. Participants are required to make their own hotel reservations.
Rate: $125/night +tax
Please note: Room rates are not guaranteed once the block is full or beyond January 28, 2020, whichever comes first.
To reserve your room, please call +1-509-244-5866 and use the SRP group code “MMMSOC” or “The Minerals, Metals and Material Society.”
Hilton Garden Inn, Spokane Airport
9015 W Highway 2
Spokane, WA 99224-9413, US
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Hilton Garden Inn, Spokane Airport at a special rate for your convenience. In addition to saving you time and money, staying at this location will give you convenient access to dinner and tour transportation.
Travel–related expenses are the responsibility of the registrant and not included in registration fee refunds.
About Teck Trail Operations
Teck Trail Operations, located in the community of Trail in British Columbia, is one of the world’s largest fully integrated zinc and lead smelting and refining complexes. The metallurgical operations produce refined zinc and lead, a variety of precious and specialty metals, chemicals and fertilizer products. The Waneta Dam provides low-cost, clean and renewable power to the metallurgical operations.
Learn more about Teck Trail Operations.
Teck Trail Operations’ Tour Requirements
Please read all of the following information before registering for the tour. Teck Trail Operations reserves the right to deny access/participation to individuals who do not comply with their policies. No refunds will processed if a registrant is denied access.
Visitor Policy Specifics
- Teck Trail Operations supports a smoke-free environment (please see attached Visitor Policy). The possession and/or use of tobacco and cannabis products, including E-cigarettes and vaporizers, throughout Teck Trail Operations is strictly prohibited. This includes carrying these products in backpacks, purses, etc. and in the vehicle(s).
- Cameras and video equipment are not permitted. This includes using wireless communication devices and media players equipped with cameras for imaging purposes.
- Use of mobile communication devices (talking or texting) while on tour is prohibited. Use is permitted in the meeting room during breaks; however, Teck Trail Operations expects participants to be respectful of the presenter and not engage in such communication during the presentation.
Clean Shaven Policy (Facial Hair Standard)
- Trail Operations’ Facial Hair Standard applies to visitors as well as employees. As such, visitors who do not meet the specific requirements, as outlined below, will not be permitted on site. (The requirement also applies to the tour vehicle driver in instances for which the bus/vehicle is required for the tour.)
- Participants will be given half-face respirators. Visitors must ensure that they are clean shaven where the respirator seals with the face. The above Facial Hair Standard document provides a greater explanation and examples. In particular, razor stubble, beards, sideburns and hair on the chin specifically do not meet Teck Trail’s standard. The Facial Hair Standard document above outlines what style of mustache and lower lip hair is acceptable. To ensure they meet the standard, it is recommended that participants shave the morning of the tour.
Sizing and Personal Protective Equipment
- It is Teck Trail’s expectation that participants are required to bring their own steel-toed safety boots. Those boots must meet CAN/CSA standards with a Grade One (1) rating (the boots will have such a tag on them at point of purchase), in addition to being all-leather (no synthetic material such as mesh) and be above the ankle. Steel-toed Blundstone boots do not meet the requirements. Also, please note that if a boot has the Grade One (1) rating but isn’t leather and doesn’t come above the ankle, it will not meet Teck Trail requirements.
- Teck Trail Operations will supply coveralls, hard hats, safety glasses, respirators and ear protection.
- Tour participants should not wear neckwear or bracelets that dangle.
- Long hair must be tied back and bangs must not cover a person’s eyes.
- Teck Trail Operations staff will not watch after a participant’s personal belongings.
- Participants will walk to each of the various tour locations.
- Individuals who cannot complete the tour once it has begun will not be accommodated on site. As Teck Trail is required to have visitors under escort at all times, tour participants who ask to remain in the meeting room or return early from the tours require Trail Operations staff to be responsible for them. Should this arise, these individuals will be escorted to downtown Trail. It will be the participant’s responsibility to make arrangements to reconnect with those individuals at the end of the tour in that event.