West Jordan, Utah
Posted: December 5, 2017
POSITION SUMMARY: Interstate Brick is seeking to fill the position of Technical Director. This individual should be a licensed professional engineer with an emphasis in structures; 5 years’ experience in related field and have a strong understanding of all major building systems. Responsibilities include technical support of architects, engineers and owners. Attend and become active in industry associations: ASTM, TMS and MACS. Individual must have strong communication skills, be highly motivated, anxious to learn and work well with others. Some travel required. Position located in Utah.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Professional License and/or 5 years’ equivalent experience in related field.
• Highly motivated, Anxious to learn.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, problem solving and negotiating skills required.
• Requires ability to train less experienced personnel.
• Requires understanding of building systems and engineering concepts related to all building materials and specifically structural masonry.
• Requires professional communication skills sufficient to deal with job site workers, contractors, engineers and architects and owners.
• Requires a valid driver's license.
• Must be able to travel by air/car.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. Reach with hands and arms. Talk and listen. Stand, walk, and sit.
• Occasionally required to bend at the waist. Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• Up to 25% travel time required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Office environment with moderate noise.
• Road conditions/airplane noise