TMS 2011: Video Contest
February 27 - March 3, 2011 • San Diego, California
Every TMS member has a story to tell. How did you get here? As a materials scientist or engineer, what has TMS meant to you personally and professionally? The TMS, MSE & Me Video Contest was developed to launch ChannelTMS -- the Society’s YouTube channel and to cast a spotlight on TMS 2011.
View 2010 winners and entries for ideas on producing your own!
Entrants must have a YouTube account in order to submit a short film to the TMS MSE & ME Video Contest. The name of one TMS member who appears in the video must be provided with each submission. Even if multiple members are featured in the video, only one name should serve as the contact. Entries that do not include the name of the TMS member participant will be disqualified.
- Establish an account on YouTube.
- Send the link to your video to email@example.com so it can be posted on ChannelTMS.
- Tell your friends to view you video on ChannelTMS and vote for your entry!
The submission deadline has passed. No additional submissions are being accepted.
Submissions will not post until they have been reviewed by TMS. The footage will remain on ChannelTMS on YouTube for approximately 30 days after the submission deadline for viewing and judging purposes.
By entering the contest you certify the video is original and does not infringe on copyright and trademark laws. You agree that TMS may advertise or promote your video and host the videos, or links to them, on its Web site or the Web sites of supporting organizations. All films become the property of TMS.
The top 20 videos will be selected through a formula based on ChannelTMS YouTube views and the Star Rating earned from views.
A TMS panel of judges will review the top 20 submissions and select the winners based on views, adherence to contest rules, interpretation of theme, enduring value (e.g., educational, inspiring, amusing or persuasive) and creativity.
Announcement of Winners
Prize-winning entries will be announced Sunday, February 27, 2011 at the TMS 2011 Annual Meeting & Exhibition prior to the Materials Bowl championship round. All videos accepted for the competition will be shown in various public venues during TMS 2011. Prizes are as follows:
• First Place . . . . . . . . $2,011
• Second Place . . . . . . $750
• Third Place . . . . . . . .$250
Presentation of Award
Cash prizes will be presented to the TMS member submitting the video. It will be the responsibility of that member to distribute the winnings to any other video participants. Winners and their videos will be recognized via a Spotlight in JOM, a TMS press release and e-news features on the TMS Web site.
- Entrants must be a current TMS member at least 18 years old.
- Video length must be between 1-3 minutes.
- At least one TMS member must appear in the video as an active participant.
- A TMS member can be a participant in only one submitted video.
- Content must explore the general theme of "TMS, MSE & Me" and what it personally means to the entrant.
- TMS logo must be clearly displayed in the video. [TMS Logo]
- No offensive language or images are permitted.
- Submissions must be created through video files from digital cameras, camcorders and cell phones in .AVI, .MOV, .WMV, and .MPG file formats.
- Submissions must be received on or before 11:59:59 PM on the contest submission deadline.
- Video must adhere to the
TMS Video Contest Policy
FOR MORE INFORMATION...
For additional information regarding the TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition, please complete the TMS Meetings Mailing List Form or contact:
184 Thorn Hill Road
Warrendale, PA 15086 USA
Tel: (724) 776-9000 x243
Fax: (724) 776-3770