The scientific themes of NUMIFORM 2019 will fall under four main categories and will include, but are not limited to:
Material Behavior and Modeling and Its Numerical Implementation
- Multiaxial plasticity; anisotropic yield functions and constitutive modeling
- Microstructure evolution and characterization during material forming
- Physics-based modeling of inelastic deformation phenomena
- Inverse methods for material identification
- Tribology, modeling of contact with friction
- Computational methods for plasticity
Process Modeling and Its Numerical Implementation
- Computational methods in modeling and designing of forming and joining processes
- Recent modeling methods such as meshless, Arbitrary Lagrangian-Eulerian, Smooth-Particle Hydrodynamics, etc.
- Process optimization
- Implementation of numerical schemes on high-performance platforms, e.g., GPUs.
Conventional and Novel Methods of Metal Processing
- Bulk, sheet and tube forming
- Welding and friction-stir processing
- Thermomechanical processing and heat-treating
- Powder processing
- Forming of lightweighting materials (titanium, magnesium, aluminum, AHSS, composites)
- Field-assisted forming and joining
- Joining of dissimilar materials by plastic deformation
Polymer and Composite Processing
- Composite forming processes: RTM, wet lay-up, hand lay-up, vacuum bagging, compression molding, filament winding, pultrusion, etc.
- Other composite manufacturing processes
- Reactive liquid molding
- Injection molding, blow molding, extrusion, etc.
Abstracts must be submitted to ProgramMaster by November 30, 2018 (extension) to be considered for inclusion in NUMIFORM 2019.
To assist the NUMIFORM 2019 organizing committee in evaluating abstracts fairly, please be as clear and detailed in your abstract as possible. Abstracts should be 250 words.
If you have any questions regarding abstract submission, send an e-mail to TMS Programming Staff.
For More Information
For more information about this meeting, please complete the meeting inquiry form or contact:
C/O TMS Meeting Services
5700 Corporate Drive Suite 750
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
U.S. and Canada Only: 1-800-759-4867
Other Countries: 1-724-776-9000