The health and safety of our meeting participants is very important to us. Please use the guidelines and resources found on this page to stay healthy at 3DMS 2020.
Addressing the Coronavirus Outbreak
TMS leadership has been monitoring the outbreak of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) since the coronavirus came into the international spotlight in early January. We follow the guidance of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
The following CDC guidelines help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
TMS would also add that it is not necessary to shake hands when greeting colleagues; a verbal greeting is perfectly acceptable.
Learn more about the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and how to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses on the CDC website.
As a U.S. based conference, 3DMS 2020 honors all travel bans and quarantine protocols and insists that any would-be participant honor them as well. We anticipate that only attendees who are legally eligible to travel will be able to participate in the conference. In the cases where presenters are unable to participate, we have been working proactively with session organizers to minimize the potential impact on our technical programming and to identify replacement speakers where possible.
Health Resources Available at 3DMS 2020
Please take note of the following health resources available at the conference.
Local Healthcare Facilities and Pharmacies
Below is a listing of local healthcare facilities and pharmacies and their distance from the Hyatt Regency.
- BridgePoint Hospital Capitol Hill (3 miles, 9-minute drive)
Address: 223 7th St NE, Washington, DC 20002
- George Washington University Hospital (2.4 miles, 17-minute drive)
Address: 2131 K St NW, Washington, DC 20037
- MinuteClinic (1.2 miles, 8-minute drive or 11 minutes by public transit)
Address: 1275 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004
Open Daily 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- MedStar Health Urgent Care in Capitol Hill (2 miles, 11-minute drive or 21-minutes by public transit)
Address: 228 7th St SE, Washington, DC 20003
Open Monday through Friday, 8:30 am. To 2:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.; Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Sunday 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- CVS Pharmacy
Address: 435 8th St NW, Washington, DC 20004
Open Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.; Saturday, 109:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.; Sunday, Closed.
- CVS Pharmacy
Address: 400 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001
Open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.; Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.; Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Walgreen’s Pharmacy
Address: 801 7th St NW, Washington, DC 20001
Open Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.; Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.; Sunday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.