About the Tour
The facility tour of the Hydro Aluminium AS Årdal (Hydro) plant is included in the registration for all course attendees. The facility will provide the necessary safety equipment, and the plant has no special regulations about foreign nationals participating in the tour.
About the Facility
Hydro is a fully integrated aluminium company with 35,000 employees in 40 countries on all continents. In addition to production of primary aluminium, rolled and extruded products and recycling, Hydro also extracts bauxite, refines alumina and generates energy to be the only 360° company of the global aluminium industry. Hydro is present within all market segments for aluminium, with sales and trading activities throughout the value chain serving more than 30,000 customers.
An overview of the Hydro plant:
- Legal name: Norsk Hydro ASA
- Business areas: Bauxite & Alumina, Primary Metal, Rolled Products, Extruded Solutions, Energy
- Revenue: NOK 159,337 million
- Underlying EBIT: NOK 9,069 million
- Net income from continuing operations: NOK 4,323 million