What You Will Learn
This immersive four-day course is focused exclusively on the control of potline emissions from primary aluminum smelters. PSFE 2019 is interactive in nature and will feature open group discussions, supplier participation, and a smelter visit at the Hamburg TRIMET Aluminium plant. Specific technical topics to be covered include, but are not limited to:
- Emission fundamentals – fluoride, sulfur dioxide (SO2), particulates
- Pot ventilation and scrubber technologies
- Dry scrubber design and operation
- SO2 wet scrubber operation and control
- Practical tips to evaluate scrubber technology bidding stage
- Advancements and developments in potline scrubbing, including gas cooling options
- Management of potroom fugitive emissions
- Tour of the TRIMET Aluminium plant in Hamburg, Germany
For a more detailed topic list, visit the Course Curriculum (hyperlink to page) page.
Who Will Benefit
- Plant and training managers, process engineers, and other technical personnel at aluminum smelters who are interested in managing environmental emissions
- Suppliers of environmental control equipment
- Young professionals looking to develop their career in the aluminum industry
- Those aspiring to leadership in environmental management within their company and the aluminum industry
Join Our E-mail List
Be the first to know about important updates to PSFE 19, including registration opening and curriculum details. Click the button below and complete the short form if you are interested in receiving e-mail updates from TMS.
Control of Potline Scrubbers & Fugitive Emissions for Aluminum Smelters
is a TMS Aluminum Course.
This course is sponsored by the TMS Light Metals Division and the Aluminum Committee, and is being organized and taught by the following individuals:
Stephan Broek, Lead Organizer/Instructor, Hatch Ltd., Canada
Margaret Hyland, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
Stephen Lindsay, Alcoa Inc., USA (retired)
David Wong, University of Auckland Light Metals Research Centre, New Zealand
Learn more about each instructor (hyperlink to instructor page) and the expertise they have to offer attendees at this course.