Two $2,000 scholarships with up to $250 for each awardee in travel reimbursements, are available to undergraduate and graduate students majoring in metallurgical and/or materials science and engineering with an emphasis on all aspects of the high-temperature, high-performance materials used in the gas turbine industry and all other applications.
Awards are presented in conjunction with the Materials Science and Technology Conference.
This scholarship is funded by the TMS Foundation and issued under the generosity of the TMS International Symposium on Superalloys Committee.
- The applicant must be a student member of Material Advantage.
- Applicants must be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled full time in a metallurgical/materials science engineering program at a qualified college or university.
- Relatives of members of the funding committee/division are not eligible.
- Submitted coursework must be relevant to the scholarship for which the student is applying.
How to Apply
March 15 of each year.
Please submit the following documents to complete the application process:
- Completed application form.
- An individual statement describing unique educational experiences (e.g., special projects), career plans, leadership experience, involvement in a Material Advantage chapter, and community involvement. This statement should be no more than 200 words.
- Three (3) TMS Scholarship Recommendation Forms from educators and/or employees who are familiar with your background.
- An up-to-date transcript of your academic record.
Send complete application packet to the TMS Student Awards Program.