This award recognizes a member’s outstanding contributions to TMS as exhibited by exceptional devotion of time, effort, thought, and action toward furthering the Society’s mission through administrative and functional activities. The award is typically presented to an individual for 10 or more years of TMS service in one or more of the following areas: membership development, student chapters, education and professional affairs, or other Society-level activities.
The award consists of an engraved plaque triple-matted in a wood frame with glass.
Recipients of this award may be eligible for the following awards: AIME Honorary Membership, the Acta Materialia Materials & Society Award, and the TMS/ASM Joint Distinguished Lectureship in Materials and Society Award.
For more information on this award, view the bylaws.
- Must be a member of TMS.
- Must have exhibited devotion of time, effort, thought, and action toward furthering the Society's mission through administrative/functional activities.
This award is not intended to recognize career accomplishments. Examples of service could include activities or committee service in one or more of the following areas: membership development, local sections, student chapters, education and professional affairs, or other Society-level activities. Members of the TMS Board of Directors must be off the board at the time the award is considered. If there is no worthy candidate nominated, no award will be presented that year.
How to Nominate
April 1 of each year.
Please submit the following documents to complete the nomination process:
- Completed nomination form.
- Nominator's Supporting Statement: This statement is to be included within the principal nominator’s cover letter of endorsement. The supporting statement should outline the qualifications of the nominee for the specific honor/award. The nominator’s supporting letter should be no more than two pages.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae, no more than 5 pages.
- A minimum of two, maximum of five, letters of endorsement. Each letter should be no longer than one page. No more than one letter of endorsement may be from the same affiliation as the nominee. The nominator’s letter may be counted in the total number required.
Send complete nomination packet to TMS Awards.