This award recognizes an individual for research excellence in one or several areas related to electronic, magnetic, and photonic materials science; technological impact; broad, sustained commitment to teaching or mentoring; service to TMS and/or the profession; and impact upon governmental or policy-making bodies.
The FMD Honorary Symposia will be organized in honor of this individual.
For more information on this award, view the bylaws.
- Must be a member of TMS for at least five years;
- Must have made prolonged contributions related to electronic, magnetic, and photonic materials science;
- Must have a superior standing among peer group.
How to Nominate
April 1 of each year.
Please submit the following documents to complete the nomination process:
- Completed nomination form.
- Nominator's Supporting Statement: This statement is to be included within the principal nominator’s cover letter of endorsement. The supporting statement should outline the qualifications of the nominee for the specific honor/award. The nominator’s supporting letter should be no more than two pages.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae, no more than 5 pages.
- Two to five letters of endorsement. Each letter should be no longer than one page. No more than one letter of endorsement may be from the same affiliation as the nominee. The nominator’s letter may be counted in the total number required.
Send complete nomination packet to the TMS Awards & Recognition Specialist.