This award recognizes an individual whose continuous service to the Functional Materials Division activities has clearly facilitated the Society’s capability to serve its FMD members and their supporting organizations.
Recipients of this award may be eligible for the FMD John Bardeen Award and society level awards such as Alexander Scott Distinguished Service Award, Leadership Award, AIME Honorary Membership, and Fellow Award.
For more information on this award, view the bylaws.
- Must have been a full member of TMS for a minimum of 10 years;
- Must be active in one or several areas related to electronic, magnetic, and photonic materials science in academia, governmental institution, or industry;
- Must be a recognized leader through consistently and proactively advancing the service capability of FMD; and
- Recognized to be of the highest personal integrity and competence level.
How to Nominate
April 1 of each year.
Please submit the following documents to complete the nomination process:
- Completed nomination form.
- Nominator's Supporting Statement: This statement is to be included within the principal nominator’s cover letter of endorsement. The supporting statement should outline the qualifications of the nominee for the specific honor/award. The nominator’s supporting letter should be no more than two pages.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae, no more than 5 pages.
- Two to five letters of endorsement. Each letter should be no longer than one page. No more than one letter of endorsement may be from the same affiliation as the nominee. The nominator’s letter may be counted in the total number required.
Send complete nomination packet to TMS Awards.