This award recognizes an individual who has made a long lasting contribution to the fundamental understanding of microstructure, properties and performance of structural materials for industrial applications.
For more information on this award, view the bylaws.
- Must be a member of TMS for at least five years
- Must have made prolonged contributions to the science of structural materials such as metals, ceramics, composites, glasses and polymers through publications, patents, etc.; research must have demonstrated direct input on commercial processes and products
- Must have a superior standing among peer group
How to Nominate
April 1 of each year.
Please submit the following documents to complete the nomination process:
- Completed nomination form.
- Nominator's Supporting Statement: This statement is to be included within the principal nominator's cover letter of endorsement. The supporting statement should outline the qualifications of the nominee for the specific honor/award. The nominator's supporting letter should be no more than two pages.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae, no more than 5 pages.
- A minimum of three, maximum of five, letters of endorsement. Each letter should be no longer than one page. No more than one letter of endorsement may be from the same affiliation as the nominee. The nominator's letter may be counted in the total number required.
Send complete nomination packet to TMS Awards.