This award seeks to recognize an outstanding, early career individual who is performing innovative research in the area of the materials science of additive manufacturing. This includes, but is not limited to, feedstock, simulations, alloy development, solidification science at high cooling rates, thermal management, residual stress management, and relationships between in situ diagnostics and material microstructures/properties. The innovation should clearly lead to advancements in the materials science of additive manufacturing.
The recipient will deliver an award lecture during the Additive Manufacturing Joint Keynote Session held during the TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition.
The award recipient will receive a certificate during the keynote session or at the Additive Manufacturing Committee.
Recipients are chosen by a subcommittee of the members of the TMS Additive Manufacturing Committee.
- Membership in The Minerals, Metals, and Materials Society (TMS).
- Age of 40 years or younger as of April 1st of the year of the award.
- Availability to attend the TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition and present a lecture.
- Experience in presenting technical papers.
How to Nominate
Submission Deadline: April 1 of each year.
Please submit the following documents to complete the nomination process:
- Completed application form
- A 500 word statement from the lead nominator that clearly outlines the innovative aspects of the young researcher’s work.
- Two letters of endorsement. Each letter should be no longer than one page.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae, no more than 5 pages, listing no more than 15 most relevant publications and presentations.
Send complete nomination packet to the TMS Awards
Nominations received will be considered for three award cycles as long as the nominee maintains the age and membership eligibility.