TMS 2010: 6th Lead-Free Solder and Technology Workshop
February 14-18, 2010 • Washington State Convention Center • Seattle, WA
The focus of this workshop will be on new solder alloy compositions and their
phase stabilities, as well as the impact of microalloying on solder joint
microstructure and mechanical performance. The organizers want to create an
industry roadmap for Pb-free solder technology in high reliability and consumer
electronic packaging and interconnections, with current industry needs and
concerns serving as a driving force for research.
Who should attend?
Those employed at industry-related companies, academic research groups, national laboratories, and members of consortia can come together and build on the materials science fundamentals necessary for further understanding and future industry applications.
A detailed program and presentation titles with abstracts will be posted on the Web page:
or download the
Course Information Flier (PDF).
- Future directions in new solder alloy compositions
- Impact of microalloying in Pb-free solders
- New Pb-free solder bump materials
- Mechanics of deformation in Pb-free solder joints
- Constitutive properties and mechanical shock behavior of Pb free solder joints
- High cycle bending and high cycle shear performance and failure mechanisms
- Pb-free board assembly related issues and solutions
- Sn grain orientation effects on long-term reliability
- Iver Anderson, Ames Laboratory, USDOE
- Nikhilesh Chawla, Arizona State University
- Fay Hua, Intel
- Sung-Kwon Kang, IBM
- Choong-Un Kim, University of Texas, Arlington
- Ning-Cheng Lee, Indium Corporation
- Katsuaki Suganuma, Osaka University
- Laura Turbini, Research in Motion
- Darrel Frear, Freescale
- C. Robert Kao, National Taiwan University
- Andre Lee, Michigan State University
- John Osenbach, LSI
- Carol Handwerker, Purdue
How to register
Register by January 15, 2010 using the
Online Registration Form or download
Registration Form (PDF)
and mail or fax with your payment. This workshop is free for members and $75 for nonmembers.
Date and Time:
Sunday, February 14, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Tae-Kyu Lee, Cisco, Fay Hua, Intel, Darrel Frear, Freescale, Carol Handwerker, Purdue University, Iver Anderson, Ames Laboratory-USDOE, Srinivas Chada, Medtronic, Laura Turbini, Research in Motion, Rajen Sidhu, Intel.
For additional information regarding the TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition, please complete the TMS Meetings Mailing List Form or contact:
184 Thorn Hill Road
Warrendale, PA 15086 USA
Tel: (724) 776-9000 x243
Fax: (724) 776-3770