Meeting Home: Continuing Education Home: Managing Smelter Operations in Turbulent Times
TMS 2010: Managing Smelter Operations in Turbulent Times – Cost Optimization
February 14-18, 2010 • Washington State Convention Center • Seattle, WA
Emergency cost-saving measures are necessary in today’s economy. However, specific long term requirements for an aluminum smelter operation remain and must be accounted for.
These are times when the basics of the industry must be revisited and absolute technical priorities identified. This course does not depart from the lean manufacturing principles. It focuses on the elements most important in maintaining a smelter in a difficult economic period and preserving its ability to resume full production in optimum conditions when the market recovers.
Who should attend?
Operations and technical managers who must respond to a rapidly changing economic and industrial environment, as well as those seeking an understanding of the technical cost drivers would benefit from this interactive course.
Presentations and Sessions
- Introduction and financial impact
- Operating efficiency improvement
- Production volume adjustments
- Maintenance strategies and practices
- Procurement and purchasing strategies
How to register
Register by January 15, 2010 using the
Online Registration Form or download
Registration Form (PDF)
and mail or fax with your payment. Cost is $475 for members and $560 for
nonmembers and includes lunch for each attendee.
Date and Time:
Sunday, February 14, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Jean-Paul Aussel, general manager, Industrial Projects & Initiatives, France
- Pierre Baillot, independent consultant, 40 years in aluminum smelting industry
- Claude Savariau, partner, Industrial Projects & Initiative, France
- Erwan Kerleroux, managing director, Cubik Partners, France
For additional information regarding the TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition, please complete the TMS Meetings Mailing List Form or contact:
184 Thorn Hill Road
Warrendale, PA 15086 USA
Tel: (724) 776-9000 x243
Fax: (724) 776-3770