1997 TMS Annual Meeting: Exhibitor
February 9-13 · 1997 TMS ANNUAL MEETING · Orlando, Florida
|Booth #512 West Howe, Bournemouth, England
Holton Conform produces machines and complete lines for the continuous extrusion of non-ferrous metals. At the 1997 TMS Annual Meeting, Holton is presenting this technology and its applications for manufacturing aluminum solids, tubes and sheathing/cladding operations.
Holton Conform and its customers are supported around the world by its parent company, Outokumpu.
- Grain Refining Rod: Holton's technology is used to manufacture an aluminum grain refining rod. The coiled rod has no discontinuities, a homogenous distribution of grain refining elements and a bright finish.
- Solid Conductors: Holton Conform extrudes solid aluminum conductors including sector shapes.
- Round and Multiport Tubing: Holton Conform is capable of direct extrusion of heat transfer tubing with consistent mechanical properties, no perforations and no surface lubricant.
- Reprocessing Scrap: Holton has developed technology to accept granulated aluminum, including process scrap, converting it directly into products such as steel deoxidizing rod without melting.
- Sheathing of Cable Cores: Holton's sheathing lines extrude seamless aluminum tubes around cable cores including fibre optic units (OPGW) and coaxial RF cables (CATV).
- Cladding: Holton's lines are used for the continuous aluminum cladding of steel wires and aluminum stabilizing of superconductor cable cores.