• May 2011: 2nd Call for Papers
• Sept. 1, 2011: Abstract Submission Deadline
• Nov. 1, 2011: Author Notification
• Feb. 15, 2012: Full Papers Due
• Apr. 2012: Authors Notified of Oral/Interactive Status
• May 2012: Final Corrections and Rewrites Due
At the conference banquet, dedicatee Anthony Giamei provided an overview of his work with superalloys for Pratt & Whitney.
View his presentation here.
Superalloys 2012: The 12th International Symposium on Superalloys
September 9 to 13, 2012 • Seven Springs Mountain Resort • Champion, Pennsylvania
The Twelfth International Symposium on Superalloys will be held from the evening of Sunday, September 9, 2012 until noon on Thursday, September 13, 2012 at the Seven Springs Mountain Resort in Champion, Pennsylvania. The resort is conveniently served by nearby Pittsburgh International Airport (1 1/2 hours) and can be reached by rental car or chartered symposium buses, which will be available for arrival on Sunday and departure on Thursday. In addition to full conference facilities, the resort offers golf, tennis, swimming, and other recreational activities. Special excursions to points of local interest will be arranged for participants and guests.
The purpose of this symposium is to provide a forum for researchers, producers, and users to present the most recent technical information on a class of high-strength, high-temperature alloys commonly known as superalloys. This symposium has been held once every four years since
1968, and is sponsored by the Seven Springs
International Symposium Committee in
cooperation with TMS, the TMS High
Temperature Alloys Committee, and ASM
This dynamic symposium and its accompanying proceedings represent an historical compilation of the premier contributions to the field of superalloys since 1968. To peruse the free proceedings from the inception of the conference to the present, visit the Superalloys Archive.
INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM COMMITTEE
The symposium committee is comprised of individuals from various industrial companies, institutions and universities that study, make, use or sell materials used in high-temperature, high-strength applications. The primary function of the committee is to arrange an international symposium on superalloys, held every four years.
- General Chair: Roger Reed, University of Birmingham
- Secretary: Sammy Tin, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Treasurer: Gern Maurer, Consultant
- Program Chair: Eric Huron, GE Aviation, US
- Program Committee: Mark Hardy, Rolls-Royce plc;
Mike Mills, Ohio State University;
Rick Montero, Pratt & Whitney;
Pedro Portella, BAM;
Jack Telesman, NASA Glenn Research Center;
Roger Reed, University of Birmingham
- Publications Chair: Rick Montero, Pratt & Whitney
- Arrangements Chair: David Novotnak, Carpenter Technology Corp.
- U.S. Publicity: Jacqueline Wahl, Cannon–Muskegon Corp
- International Publicity/Student Relations: Cathie Rae, University of Cambridge
- Asian Publicity: Akihiro Sato, IHI Corporation
- Awards Chair: Ken Green, Rolls-Royce Corporation
- Awards Committee: Tresa Pollock, University of California-Santa Barbara;
Bob Stusrud, Rolls-Royce Corporation;
Bob Kissinger, GE Aviation, US
FOR MORE INFO...
For more information about this meeting, please complete the meeting inquiry form or contact:
TMS Meeting Services
184 Thorn Hill Road
Warrendale, PA 15086-7514 USA
Telephone (724) 776-9000, ext. 243
Fax: (724) 776-3770