TMS Young Leaders Professional Development Award
The TMS Young Leaders Professional Development Award was created to help early career professionals to more fully participate in TMS activities, become better acquainted with their peers and the Society, make important contacts with TMS leaders, and network with prominent Society members. Specifically, this award provides recipients with funding to travel to the TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition, where they are invited to participate in Society leadership activities.
Each TMS Young Leaders Professional Development Award recipient receives the following:
- TMS membership for the year of the award
- Sponsorship to attend the TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition for the year of the award
- Complimentary registration to the TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition
- Accommodations at a hotel within the TMS room block
- $500 travel allowance toward airfare and round-trip transportation from airport to hotel
- Tickets to conference social functions
- Admission to appropriate division luncheon and council meetings at the TMS Annual Meeting
- Admission to the Young Professionals Tutorial Luncheon
- Admission to technical and administrative committee meetings at the TMS Annual Meeting
- Invitation to attend the TMS board of directors meeting as an observer
Award Recipient Responsibilities
Applicants for this award should be prepared to fulfill the following requirements:
- Recipient must attend the TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition.
- Each award recipient is expected to actively represent their division by serving as a judge for division-sponsored student events at the TMS Annual Meeting. These events include the TMS Materials Bowl and the Technical Division Student Poster Contest.
- Recipients are expected to work with the division. This will be accomplished through ongoing communications throughout the year and onsite at the meeting.
- Recipients are expected to attend the Young Professionals Committee Meeting while at the TMS Annual Meeting.
- Young Leader events and responsibilities take precedence over other events and meetings during the TMS Annual Meeting.
Apply for a TMS Young Leaders Professional Development Award
Recipients are selected from each of the five TMS technical divisions. Learn more about these awards—and how to apply for them—through the following links:
Funding for the TMS Young Leaders Professional Development Award is provided by the TMS Foundation.
For more information, contact TMS honors and awards staff