The health and safety of our meeting participants is very important to us. Please use the guidelines and resources found on this page to stay healthy at the TMS 2020 Annual Meeting & Exhibition.
Addressing the Coronavirus Outbreak
To learn how TMS2020 will be impacted by the recent coronavirus outbreak and how the Society is addressing the situation, read this letter to TMS2020 attendees from James J. Robinson, TMS Executive Director.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offer the following guidelines to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
We would also add that it is not necessary to shake hands when greeting colleagues; a verbal greeting is perfectly acceptable.
Learn more about the Coronavirus Disease 2019
(COVID-19) and how to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses
on the CDC website.
Resources Available at TMS2020
Please take note of the following health resources available on-site at the TMS 2020 Annual Meeting & Exhibition.
Hand Sanitizing Stations
Use the hand sanitizing stations located throughout the San Diego Convention Center and the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina. They can also be found in high-traffic areas including at Registration and the Member Welcome Center.
First Aid Center
The First Aid Center on the Ground Level of the San Diego Convention Center, near Registration, provides routine advice and care to attendees and can also provide face masks on request.
What the San Diego Convention Center Is Doing
At the San Diego Convention Center (SDCC), staff receives ongoing training and updates about public health concerns. The SDCC has also increased its precautionary measures, including increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting commonly touched objects such as door handles. The SDCC has also posted “Stay Healthy” signage in the building to remind attendees of everyday precautions.
Local Healthcare Facilities and Pharmacies
Below is a listing of local healthcare facilities and pharmacies and their distance from the Convention Center.
- Scripps Mercy Hospital (4.30 miles, about 9 minutes)
Address: 4077 5th Avenue, San Diego, CA 92103
- University of California San Diego (UCSD) Medical Center (4.50 miles, about 10 minutes)
AAddress: 200 West Arbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92103
- Sharps Rees-Stealy Medical Group (2.1 miles, about 8 minutes)
Address: 2001 4th Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
Open Daily 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Gaslamp Medical Center (.5 miles, 5-minute drive or 10-minute walk)
Address: 250 Market Street, San Diego, CA 92101
Open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
- CVS Pharmacy
Address: 71 Horton Plaza
Open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.; Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Sunday, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- CVS Pharmacy
Address: 645 Market
Open Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.; Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.; Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Ralph’s Market
Address: 101 G Street
Open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Rite Aid Pharmacy
Address: 427 C Street
Open Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.; Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; closed Sunday