|June 29 – July 2, 2014 • Annecy, France
2nd International Congress on 3D Materials Science 2014
June 29 – July 2, 2014 • Annecy, France
Near Geneva, L'Impérial Palace -Annecy is a charming hotel in the heart of the French Alps. This French palace hotel is located on the shore of the purest lake in Europe and offers luxury rooms, restaurants, a casino, and a conference center. For more information, visit www.hotel-imperial-palace.com
|Allée de L'Impérial
|Annecy, 74000 France
Make your hotel reservations! Visit www.lac-annecy.com/inscriptions/3DMS/ for information on hotel options and rates. All hotels are within walking distance of the L’Impérial Palace.
Housing Deadline: May 29, 2014.
Sleeping room rates at the L’Impérial Palace start at 210€ per night and per single room, buffet breakfast included. If you are interested in booking a room at the conference hotel please contact Louise Wallach at email@example.com. Reservation must be paid in full to confirm.
If you need assistance converting currency, please click here.
Annecy is located in southeastern France, in the French Alps, and lies on the northern tip of Lake Annecy, 22 miles (35 km) south of Geneva.
You can reach Annecy by air, train or car.
Lyon Saint Exupery Airports (LYS):
Lyon Airport is very well connected with the major European cities, having multiple flights per day to major European hubs (Amsterdam, Paris, Frankfurt, Munich, London, Milan and many others).
Please refer to Lyon Airport's homepage for a full list of flights to Lyon Airport (LYS).
Geneva Cointrin Airport (GVA):
- Airport shuttle bus Altibus, 5 buses per day. Fare: 33€ one way. Return ticket: 49,5€.
You can buy your ticket in the airport but it is preferable that you book it on the web to guarantee you a seat on a bus at the specified time. Get timetable pdf document.
- 1 hour drive by car from the airport. Major Rental car companies are located in the airport.
- Taxi costs: approximately 150€ (Phone: +33 4 50 45 05 67) or pickup at arrival taxi stand.
Geneva Airport is well connected to major international hubs. It is connected also with several US cities. To find out more please check the airport web site Geneva Cointrin Airport:
Paris Airport Charles de Gaulles (CDG)
- Airport shuttle bus or Frossard Voyage (5 bus per day. Price 21€.
- Train Geneva airport - Annecy takes between 2 and 3 hours in most cases.
- Rental car: 30 minute drive (50km). (See "By car" information).
- Taxis: the cost of the taxis is 100€ To book a taxis, please call +4122 33 141 33 or take a taxi at arrival.
Paris Airport is not connected directly to Annecy. You need to travel by train.
To use the train you should first get to "Gare de Lyon" Railway station by RER and next take the TGV train to Annecy.
By Train (booking at www.sncf.fr) :
- High Speed train (TGV) from Paris Gare de Lyon to Annecy takes 4 hours - 15 trains every day
- High Speed train (TGV) from Lyon St Exupéry to Annecy takes 2 hours - 7 trains every day
- Low Speed train (TER) from Geneve airport takes 2.20 hours - 12 trains every day
- From Paris Airport (Charles de Gaulle) to Annecy if you choose to drive to Annecy, please note the following: Approximate distance 600km (5 hour drive)
- From Lyon Airport follow A41 direction Annecy (=130 kms) take the exit 16 (Annecy Sud)
- From Geneve Airport follow direction Annecy and take the exit 17 (Annecy Nord)
To get more details about directions, please also visit www.mappy.fr or VIA MICHELIN
Transport inside Annecy
- The most convenient way to travel in Annecy is by bus, SIBRA Company.
- The most useful line is line number 2 that connects the Railway station to Imperial Palace (bus stop name: Imperial).
- There is one bus every 10 minutes: Approximate / price: 1,2€ one way.
- You can download the bus network map.
OBTAIN A TRAVEL VISA FOR MEETINGS HELD OUTSIDE OF THE US
Visa Application Process
The visa process for each country is different. Please contact the embassy or consulate of the host country to determine what application materials are required.
To learn more, click here.
GENERATE A VISA LETTER
FOR MORE INFO...
For more information about this meeting, please complete the meeting inquiry form or contact:
TMS Meeting Services
184 Thorn Hill Road
Warrendale , PA 15086-7514 USA
Telephone (724) 776-9000, ext. 243
Fax: (724) 776-3770