The TMS Foundation supports students and young professionals with meaningful financial assistance and impactful career-building experiences.
Who We Are
The TMS Foundation seeks to strengthen and develop young professionals to meet the essential needs of the minerals, metals, and materials community. Through its scholarships, awards, and leadership development programs, the TMS Foundation plays a critical role in preparing talented individuals for their futures as industry leaders who can address the challenges of a changing profession, contribute to technical advancement, and drive innovation. By investing in promising students and supporting emerging leaders early in their careers, the Foundation is guaranteeing the future of the profession.
The mission of the TMS Foundation is to support the development of professionals in the minerals, metals, and materials community within the context of our global society by providing scholarships to the field’s most promising students and investing in the future of the profession and the industries it serves. The Foundation also funds programs that assist young professionals in attaining the highest level of technical, professional, and leadership development.
Learn more about the history, revitalization, and growth of the TMS Foundation from the pages of JOM, the TMS membership magazine:
- "TMS Foundation Celebrates Those Who Make a Difference at TMS2019”
Kaitlin Calva, June 2019
- "The TMS Foundation: Success in 2018"
Kaitlin Calva, May 2019
- "Honoring Mentors: Four Stories from the TMS Family Tree"
Kaitlin Calva, December 2018
- "The TMS Foundation: 25 Years of Giving"
Garry W. Warren, November 2018
- "The History of the TMS Foundation"
Kaitlin McMahon, May 2018
- "Foundation Update: Get Involved in New Initiatives"
Garry W. Warren, November 2017
- "Points of Progress: Ten Milestones Paving the TMS Foundation’s Path to Growth"
Lynne Robinson, May 2017
- "Robert Wagoner’s ‘Irresistible Challenge’ Leaves a Legacy"
Lynne Robinson, April 2016
- "The TMS Foundation: Two Years into Revitalization"
Robert H. Wagoner, November 2015
- "A New Beginning for the TMS Foundation"
Robert H. Wagoner, November 2014
- "TMS Foundation: Growth Through Giving"