TMS 2011: Continuing Education:
7th TMS Lead Free Solder and Interconnect Technology Workshop
February 27 - March 3, 2011 • San Diego, California
This workshop is organized to serve as the industry roadmap for Pb free solder technology in high reliability and consumer electronic packaging and interconnections, with current industry needs and concerns serving as a driving force for research. Download the course flier (PDF).
Through presentations and extensive discussion
regarding key topics, this workshop will provide a bridge between companies, academic research groups, national laboratories, and consortia and will
lead to the materials science fundamentals necessary for further understanding and future industry applications. Especially this year, the workshop will
be focused on new solder alloy compositions and their phase stabilities, as well as the impact of microalloying on solder joint microstructure and
The following topics will be the focus of the workshop:
- Solder and interconnects in extreme environment
- Future directions in new solder alloy compositions
- Impact of microalloying in Pb-free solders.
- Mechanics of deformation in Pb-free solder joints.
- Corrosion in Cu pad and solder joints.
- Pb-free board assembly related issues and solutions.
- Sn grain orientation effects on long term reliability.
- 3D packaging technology and TSV from an industry and academic point of view.
Date and Time:
Sunday, February 27, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Stephen Meschter, BAE Systems
- Jong-ook Suh, Jet Propulsion Laboratory (NASA JPL)
- Keith Sweatman, Nihon Superior
- Thomas R. Bieler, Michigan State University
- Laura Turbini, Research in Motion (RIM)
- Eric Chason , Brown University
- Young-chang Joo, Seoul National University
- Kejun Zhang, Texas Instruments
- Fay Hua, Intel
How to Register:
Meeting registrants may sign up for this course using the
online registration form or download the
registration form (PDF) and mail or fax with your payment.
The cost to meeting registrants is $15.
Non meeting registrants may register using the registration form (PDF) and submit via email, fax, or mail with payment.
The costs is $125 for non meeting registrants.
- Tae-Kyu Lee, Lead organizer, Cisco
- Laura Turbini, Research in Motion
- John Osenbach, LSI
- Polina Snugovsky, Celestica
- Albert T. Wu, National Central University
- Carol Handwerker, Purdue University
FOR MORE INFORMATION...
For additional information regarding the TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition, please complete the TMS Meetings Mailing List Form or contact:
184 Thorn Hill Road
Warrendale, PA 15086 USA
Tel: (724) 776-9000 x243
Fax: (724) 776-3770