This is an international award presented by Acta Materialia, Incorporated. Nominations may be submitted through TMS.
The Acta Materialia Gold Medal Award consists of a gold medal, an inscribed certificate, and a cash prize of US$ 10,000. This award is considered a pinnacle award.
For more information on this award, view the bylaws.
The Acta Materialia Gold Medal recognizes demonstrated leadership in the fields of Materials Science and Engineering. It rewards either
- Materials research that has had a significant and lasting impact on the development of this discipline, or
- Recent work of great originality.
How to Nominate
April 1 of each year.
Please submit the following documents to complete the nomination process:
- Completed nomination form.
- Nominator's Supporting Statement: This statement is to be included within the principal nominator's cover letter of endorsement. The supporting statement should outline the qualifications of the nominee for the specific honor/award. The nominator's supporting letter should be no more than two pages and emphasize the nominee’s impact on their research field, rather than the metrics on their publications..
- Current resume or curriculum vitae, no more than 5 pages.
- Three letters of endorsement. Each letter should be no longer than one page. No more than one letter of endorsement may be from the same affiliation as the nominee.
Send complete nomination packet to TMS Awards.
To learn more or to view a list of past recipients, visit the Acta Materialia awards page.