This is an international award presented by Acta Materialia, Incorporated. Nominations may be submitted through TMS.
This award recognizes an outstanding contributor to materials science and consists of an engraved gold medal and certificate. This award is considered a pinnacle award.
For more information on this award, view the bylaws.
- Demonstrated ability and leadership in biomaterials research.
- Publication of work in Acta Materialia or Scripta Materialia is not required.
How to Nominate
April 1 of each year.
Please submit the following documents to complete the nomination process:
- Completed nomination form.
- Nominator's Supporting Statement: This statement is to be included within the principal nominator's cover letter of endorsement. The supporting statement should outline the qualifications of the nominee for the specific honor/award. The nominator's supporting letter should be no more than two pages.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae, no more than 5 pages.
- Two to five letters of endorsement. Each letter should be no longer than one page. No more than one letter of endorsement may be from the same affiliation as the nominee. The nominator's letter may be counted in the total number required.
Send complete nomination packet to the TMS Awards & Recognition Specialist.
To learn more or to view a list of past recipients, visit the Acta Materialia awards page.