This award recognizes an individual who has made outstanding contributions to the science and/or technology of materials structure and includes a life-membership to TMS.
The award consists of an engraved plaque triple-matted in a wood frame with glass.
Recipients of this award may be eligible for the following awards: Acta Materialia Gold Medal, AIME Honorary Membership, Fellow, William Hume-Rothery, and IOM/Mehl.
For more information on this award, view the bylaws.
- Candidate must have an established record of research, publications, and/or patents in the field of materials structure.
- Work must have had, or be likely to have, a significant and lasting impact on the development of the discipline.
- May honor a single, significant achievement or a larger body of work.
- Prior recipients of the award are not eligible
How to Nominate
April 1 of each year.
Please submit the following documents to complete the nomination process:
- Completed nomination form.
- Nominator's Supporting Statement: This statement is to be included within the principal nominator's cover letter of endorsement. The supporting statement should outline the qualifications of the nominee for the specific honor/award. The nominator's supporting letter should be no more than two pages.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae, no more than 5 pages.
- A minimum of two, maximum of five, letters of endorsement. Each letter should be no longer than one page. No more than one letter of endorsement may be from the same affiliation as the nominee. The nominator's letter may be counted in the total number required.
Send complete nomination packet to TMS Awards.